BP/W combo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With two rotator cuff surgeries in the last 2 years, I do have full motion/strength, think I will give with continuous, but add the little plastic clip they which allows quick adjustments with the continuous harness. Seems to cover it.

If you really need the adjustment, consder this one from Golem Gear:
Thank you, I think the standard will work. The ability to pull the harness a couple inches and readjust down while still keeping the simple clean continuous harness will work. I didn’t realize Subgravity had the option Appreciate all the help.

These seem to be the answer

Any subgravity owners care to summarize what swung them for that over the DGX offering?
-I saw both side by side and the quality was better on the Subgravity.
-The quick release system they have is solid. I was not looking for that, I was just going to go with continuous web, but very happy with the quick release.
-Wing size options. They have about 5 different sizes to match you dive set up.
-Sub is made in Utah, no idea where DGX is made. I think that's important.
***ONLY negative I found was the bolts holing the wing to plate are an 8mm 1.25. NO one has speed nuts that are 8mm AND 1.25, you can order 8mm x 1.5, but none of my LDS carry 8mm speed nuts period and there are 5 shops with in 45min of me. The only place I could find speed nuts that are 8mm x 1.25? You guessed it, Subgravity and they wanted $20 EACH plus shipping. So I tossed them and switched out to 5/16.

HOG BP/W SS Plate 23lb wing. Rash guard, single tank, traveled in my carry-on bag.

IMG_0261.JPG

1. Weight pocket( additional cost and additional weight in your checked bag).
2. Al plate for warm water.
3. S plate for cold water.

^
DGX has some nice packages choose.
with a SS BP, I don't need any additional weight when diving a 5 mil. As I'm a complete wimp when it comes to water temperature, I do dive a 5 mil in 80 F/27C water. And a hood.

with a SS BP, I don't need any additional weight when diving a 5 mil. As I'm a complete wimp when it comes to water temperature, I do dive a 5 mil in 80 F/27C water. And a hood.
I am also a WHIP in cold water!
You would not believe how many layers I need in 25C.
S plate is too heavy to travel because I like to keep my checked bag well below 15kg. I try not to use porter at all but this will have to change soon!!!!
Yet to find a soft bag with wheel weight in less than 2kg.

I am also a WHIP in cold water!
You would not believe how many layers I need in 25C.
S plate is too heavy to travel because I like to keep my checked bag well below 15kg. I try not to use porter at all but this will have to change soon!!!!
Yet to find a soft bag with wheel weight in less than 2kg.
If necessary (hasn't happened yet), I'd wear my BP onto the plane under my jacket.

If necessary (hasn't happened yet), I'd wear my BP onto the plane under my jacket.
I have the plate in my hand carry but the security told me to have it as checked bag! So I have to return to the counter and luckily the staff was kind enough to let me checked in the extra piece of luggage. Some budget airline only allows one check bag. Never again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom