Box jellies in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

livingstone:
I fully agree with that! And thanks for speaking up. If the damage I saw "photographers" causing on Bonaire is a common occurrence, and I know that it is, these pristine reefs are in grave danger. There should at least be a minimum diving experience (100-150 dives [or a GUE Fundamentals certification]) required before a camera is allowed to be carried.

Not trying to be nasty but don't turn this into a GUE or not thread. We really don't care. This is an informative thread on Jellies in bonaire, and that is what i want to read about. If you want to promote or bash an agency or start any other kind of arguement please go somewhere else.

WarmWaterDiver:
Yeah, why single one agency out for a 'must have cert card to dive this island when using a camera'?

Just in case you couldn't tell, my point was made in order to push buoyancy standards, not an organization.

Then why only mention a single organization? That I could tell - right in the electrons.

My point is that would be similar to being in a homeowner's association - why not promote better enforcement of existing rules, or maximum number of divers per divemaster for dives other than the piers, or - - - you get my point?

scubaaaronh:
This is an informative thread on Jellies in bonaire, and that is what i want to read about.
Sorry to have hijacked this thread with comments about photographers kicking coral. That's a subject that would be better handled with a separate thread.

So....how about those Jellies...?! :11:

Spike_Digger:
Sorry to have hijacked this thread with comments about photographers kicking coral. That's a subject that would be better handled with a separate thread.

I didn't mean to come off as nasty if i did. I just didn't what this thread to degrade like so many others have. I just didnt want to read "another" this agency or that agency arguement. I know we all get somewhat off topic at times and that is fine. I am just sick of some of the bickering that wrecks an informative thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom