Bound for Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Owen Page

Reaction score
Hi folks! I'm still pretty new to diving, with about 40 logged dives in Florida, Guadaloupe, San Salvador and Turks & Caicos. My question is, if you're single and don't have a dive buddy, are there dive operators geared to singles? (I've already done Club Med and am eager to move on.) If not, where's a good place to find a dive buddy? Finally, I'm bound and determined to dive Cayman this fall ... if you're interested, let me know.

Hello Owen, welcome to the ScubaSource family. I'm sure you'll find someone down there if you don't find one on these boards willing to fly down for a nice dive vacation. Also check with the dives Natasha puts together in the Travel section of these boards for other organized trips.

Owen,

First welcome to the board. Your diving list makes me jealous.

Second, I had a similar problem, except I was married and the only diver. I really never had a bad experience diving with another solo diver on what ever boat I was on.

Good luck

Tom

Owen,

Welcome to the Board! We hope we can help make all your diving more fun! If you lived in the San Francisco Bay Area, I could help you with a scuba singles organization, but last I looked you were more than 2,500 miles away from us. There might be a web site there that will help; there is local one here.

About Grand Cayman--try Caymancase on this Board. She is a local who folks have said many good things about. I have had limited experience on Grand Cayman, but was not impressed by the diving on the south side of the island. Others on this Board can tell you about other parts of the island.

One of the fun things to do on Grand Cayman is Stingray City. That is one amazing dive!

Joewr

Hi Owen

Welcome to the boards - this probably won't be of much help to you right now, but if you're ever in Thailand, I'll buddy with you! Just let me know.

Cheers Ears
:)

Thanks to everyone who replied to my introductory post. Your info was a big help. Now, I have a question about Cayman vs. Cozumel. If you're interested, look at that new thread in Caribbean. Also, Alison - next time I'm in Thailand, I'd be delighted to be your buddy. Happy bubbles to all, Owen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom