Bottom Timer$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been using a classical Uwatec Digital Bottom Timer for more than 10 years and it really did serve the purpose well... until the battery went flat...

5 years ago I had the opportunity to get a brandnew Citizen Aqualand (analogue with digital bottom timer) for about 100EUR and of course I didn't hesitate... I'm using this Citizin since then as my bottom timer backup for more than 500 dives now (and I'm also wearing this watch on a daily basis as my regular watch) and up to now I still didn't have to replace the batteries... It's also very handy to use the digital log (4 dives memory) of this Aqualand to fill in the logbooks after the dives... :thumb:

Suunto D3s are pretty decent. Cheaper than a Vyper, but they chew through batteries a little faster and don't have the big digits of the Uwatec, but they do have seconds and have an interval timer. This is a big YMMV. I like the seconds display -- I dive with buddies who find it distracting and prefer bottom timers without seconds...

I definitely like diving with buddies who have Uwatecs -- its really easy to sneek a peek if you accidentally have your D3 set in meters and you've forgotten what a 70 foot stop is in metric...

Really like my uwatec aladin tec. I like the dive time in seconds, stop watch feature, and easy to read digits. I don't like the setting of the stop watch and the light being on the same button as a miss on the light trigger resets the stopwatch. But, if you just move the beam of your can light slightly, you can read it without using the built-in light. I hope they changed this in the 2g though (the newer model out now). I don't have the 2g, but it sounds like the it has at least one feature that I would like (ability to reset start of avg depth calculation).

Chris

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom