Bottom timer with depth/temp or Dive watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter

Renaissance Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm posting this question in the DIR section instead of the equipment section because I specifically want a DIR answer.

What do you use for a bottom timer? Is a dive watch preferrable for some reason or is something that combines time, depth, temperature better?

Since this is an item that is required before DIR-F, I was looking for some suggestions.

Thanks.

Christian

I have the uwatec bottom timer with my watch as a backup. The bottom timer give depth, temp, BT, ascent rate and logs up to 9 dives. I think the OMS bottom timer is exactly the uwatec.

You could also get a computer and just use it in guage mode.

I love the Suunto D3 bottom timer. Only thing it lacks is average depth during the dive.

I dive the OMS Bottom Timer. Its simple to use, logs 9 dives, water temp, max depth, current depth, dive time, too-fast ascend rate warning, surface interval time.

Its all I need at around $135. Its keeps me 'sharp' working my tables...

the suunto vyper with a timex ironman watch as backup and timing

Thanks everyone.

It looks like the UWATEC/OMS bottom timers are the most popular. Do they have a computer interface for the purpose of logging the dives in my computer?

That's not all that important to me, but I don't see information to that effect on their websites, so I thought I'd ask.

Are there any choices besides those listed in this thread that I should consider? Although I haven't actually checked around for prices, at around $135 it sounds like this is pretty hard to beat.

Thanks.

Christian

You can't hook them up to your pc. Both the uwatec and the OMS are exactly alike.

Wendy:
You can't hook them up to your pc. Both the uwatec and the OMS are exactly alike.
Thanks Wendy.

It looks like the only choice is UWATEC with the "wave" graphic or OMS which is all black. Black is a nice color! :wink:

Wow you are a real quick draw with your keyboard! Thanks for the quick answer.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom