Bottles Clipping Arrangement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTodd:
The bottle you will breathe first goes on the "outside." It needs to be there to facilitate your budding checking your breathing gas MOD, etc. Since you are asking this question, I am going to assume you don't have any need to deal with more than two bottles at this time. That means if it was a 70' bottle and an O2 bottle, you would place the O2 bottle to the inside.

What they teach you in the tech classes is what matters for assuring you are breathing the right mix, not the order of where bottles are stored. Once it goes to three or more bottles, my primary considerations for where to place bottles are my comfort at deco (one bottle on left most of the time particularly if not al40s) and the easist and quickest way of switchiing bottles to the left d-ring leash after use.
Thank you.

limeyx:
Generally, I dont think you would, but there's nothing stopping you I guess.
I am right now limited to diving with a single deco bottle (Tech1 limits) but I am starting to combine that with a bottom stage, and both would be under my arm.

I think it's somewhat "personal preference" (dare I say that in a DIR forum?) based on some reasonable logic. The leash would probably tend to make things more complex so you would probably just stick it under your arm.

So what you are saying is that you really don't know because you don't do the dives requiring 2 or more deco/stage cylinders.

nadwidny:
So what you are saying is that you really don't know because you don't do the dives requiring 2 or more deco/stage cylinders.

No, I am saying I dont dive with 2 deco bottle. I dive with people who are tech2, and talk to them about how they do it (and observe), and we discussed it (albeit somewhat briefly) in our tech1 class.

I breath the AL80 Stage Bottle kept left side, clipped-off close & underneath my EANx 50% AL40 Deco Bottle, which then because of the Stage's Helium content, helps float the Deco Bottle up & out of slipstream of my X-Scooter. My 100% AL40 is nose-clipped to a leash which in turn is clipped to the Hip D-Ring. I prefer swapping the stage and O2 Bottles while still on the bottom and way before starting the ascent to Deco Stops. . .

Could someone please post pictures (or link to pictures) of the left D-ring leash?

We learned before was left lean right rich, but it is up to you, whatever method you use make sure you actually your rigs.
I place all in left 50% upper and 100% bottom, make sure your NOTOX switch is right, take more practice until you do it right.

limeyx:
bottom stage clipped inside on the left arm. 50% clipped "outside" on the left arm.
100% on the leash or nose-clipped to the right D-dring

which right D-ring?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom