Bored, self quarantined, how many still use snorkels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

12th Man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK, I'm bored out my mind. Can't binge watch much more TV. Question, other than snorkeling, how many still use a snorkel when diving? For me, it's probably been ten years or more since I've attached my snorkel to my mask strap while diving. Just haven't seen a need for it. Actual if I'm honest I don't even know where it is.

Anyone still use there's when diving?

OK, I'm bored out my mind. Can't binge watch much more TV. Question, other than snorkeling, how many still use a snorkel when diving?
I don't use one. I wear my hazmat style 3M respirator when I have to go into proximity with people.

Oh, while diving? Yes, I do. No way I'm risking being far out from shore and having to swim back when it's rough without some ability to keep my head below water. I've thought about switching to a folding job, because I often don't need it, and it does get tangled up with my inflator.

OK, I'm bored out my mind. Can't binge watch much more TV. Question, other than snorkeling, how many still use a snorkel when diving? For me, it's probably been ten years or more since I've attached my snorkel to my mask strap while diving. Just haven't seen a need for it. Actual if I'm honest I don't even know where it is.

Anyone still use there's when diving?

T-M...

Snorkel...you really are bored...hope you're not standing near any high/unprotected ledges...

You may also want your wife to hide all the knives...

And...for God's sake...don't even think about cleaning your guns...

Saddle the horse...and go out and count armadillos...

W...

I only bring one when it's applicable to the type of diving that I'm doing. That is nearly never..

this. I pretty much bring it mostly because I think there could be a cool snorkeling opportunity when we aren’t diving. :) Or, in Aus, because it’s required to be with you on a dive (can be in pocket or stowed).

I always carry one in a pocket. I used it once years ago and was glad I had it

I carry a folding snorkel clipped to a d ring.

I prefer to swim on my back on the surface. Using a snorkel with a tank on my back is too much work of breathing if I am kicking hard. If surface conditions are that bad that I need a snorkel to breath, I'll breath my tank until empty and then take it off my back and use the snorkel.

Back
Top Bottom