Boracay Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

huds

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone been diving with Red Coral Diving (the dive centre at Friday's) in Boracay? If so what are they like compared to other operations?

damonrose:
I don't know of them but Fisheye are very good.

Damon. Splash Hong Kong.

I plan to go there at the end of January. Is the dive course there expensive?

cheongkc:
I plan to go there at the end of January. Is the dive course there expensive?

I have not been there but I am planning to go at the end of January as well. If you look up scuba diving in Boracay on the web you will see a handful of operators (there do not appear to be that many). I would suggest that you contact them for prices. Remember, when booking a dive course it is not just about price - talk to the instructor, check out the facility ask questions and be comfortable with everything before you book.

Lots of dive ops in Boracay. Boracay Dive lodge is the only one with a modern boat(not bonka boat)) that I know off. As far as diving in Boracay, not good at all, not much to see. Awsome Island though.

I agree that diving in Boracay isn't very good. I got my OW training there 10 years ago and I remember the reefs heavily damaged by small anchor hits (from the bancas, I presume). Very few large fish, and the fish that were there were scared of divers b/c of all the fishing and spearfishing at the time. Haven't been back there since, but I don't expect it to be any better.
Nice white sand beaches, aside from the raw sewage flowing in from small drainage ditches and streams.

dived boracay july 2003. it is not world class diving. but still good. espacially yapak has its thrills. decent in the blue water to 35m/110ft where all of a sudden you will hit the reef. chances of sharks, thuna etc. coral gardens at the other end of island (crocodile island) are ok too.

i was with safari divers. well run diving op. offers rebreather training too.

just wear shorts when transfering to boracay by public ferry. you`ll get wet, leaving the boat.

Back
Top Bottom