Boracay Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do the DMs in Boracay carry your equipment to the boat?
How many divers usually follow a DM?

I only have 60 dives, is Yapak II too dangerous for me?
Is Yapak a drift dive?

Thanks all.

travelem:
Do the DMs in Boracay carry your equipment to the boat?
How many divers usually follow a DM?

I only have 60 dives, is Yapak II too dangerous for me?
Is Yapak a drift dive?

Thanks all.

The staff carried the tanks to the boat but you carry your own gear.
Re Yapak 2, it's best when the tide is coming up and if it's right around the full or new moon, the current can be to strong to swim against, especially right on the lip of the wall. For this reason you must descend pretty quickly to avoid drifting past the top of the wall which is at about 30 meters. I've seen many divers trying to crawl back to the edge after missing it and using up their air.
All shops will evaluate your skills during some checkout dives before taking you to Yapak. It's a great dive site...one of the best I've ever done anywhere.

She is still a looker.....all of the women here are beautiful!!

I did some dives with Victory back in June, they were good. What Hank49 says about Yapak is correct, it's like something out of a Navy Seals training video, as you are entering the water as the boat is still moving. Kinda fun!

Just came from Boaracay, Yapak most of the time is not diveable cause of the huge swells. Winds in Boracay are really strong nowadays and freaking cold to. Some dive shops will force yapak, but turn back or if boatman is not that experienced, won't be able to keep track os you while you're drifting and doing your safety stop.

You can also try Boracay Scuba look for Luis. :)

Mañana is the good mexican place. A new must try, go to Boracay crafts (end of the market) and go to the 3rd floor, Crafty's cafe and roofdeck bar. The BURGER is a must try. 1 order can be good for a couple, but not for 2 guys. :) You can go to gasthoes for their baby back ribs, right beside hey jude.

Mampsa:
Just came from Boaracay, Yapak most of the time is not diveable cause of the huge swells. Winds in Boracay are really strong nowadays and freaking cold to. Some dive shops will force yapak, but turn back or if boatman is not that experienced, won't be able to keep track os you while you're drifting and doing your safety stop.

When the current (upcoming tide) is really strong and the amihan winds are too, the waves really stand up as the current moved into them. If you let go of the wall and ascend with the current taking you, you'll end up in the most choppy spot....kind of a channel. When it's like that, it's best to leave the wall and start ascending while moving southeast towards Puka Shell beach. You'll get out of the strongest current and bigger waves and it's easier for the boat to pick you up. Also, if the boat has a hard time finding you, just swim to Puka Shell.:D (in over 120 dives there, I never had to swim to Puka Shell, so no worries)

I will go during Easter holiday, will it be very crowded?

How is the water temp then?

Back
Top Bottom