boots VS shoes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got myself a pair of instadry booties for my birthday. A bit expensive but I was sick and tired of my booties never having a chance to dry. Hopefully they will live up to the hype. The goldcore should help with the drying issue as well, just not as much as the instadry.

I would personally go with the taller zippered ones but then again I always dive with somesort of wetsuit, even in tropical waters.

As far as the henderson gold core goes I have heard that some people have had issues with their wetsuits made out of it. The seams are not as sturdy and some people have reported the glideskin(gold core) coming off. I havn't had these problems myslef with my goldcore vest but the seams on the instadry seem a bit sturdier. They also seem to be using a different more rubery glideskin material.

I have also noticed that the neoprene in henderson products doesn't seem to be as thick as they claim, especially after time. My 3mm Henderson hyperstretch now seems to be more like a 1mm suit. But it is super comfortable and great for warm water diving, and it still provides a good deal of warmth compared to no wetsuit.

My new instadry boots are the 7mm version and I have to say that most 7mm neoprene seems thicker than what they are using on these. I don't mind, I am just glad that I decided on the 7mm and not the 5mm.

~Jess

Thx for your advice jess much appriated.

I like the boots they dont get sucked off in the mud as bad and you dont have a cold spot between where your suit ends and your slippers begin.

Back
Top Bottom