Booties for Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll bet frog kicking would help. :D
Seriously though I have a pair of Henderson standard 5mm booties. Works great...of course I'm a size 12 shoe in XL Jets. :wink:

I used neo-socks with my boots this weekend. They felt great, but actually made my boots too tight in my Jets. :-( I would recommend trying this 1st. Plus when you get out of the water your feet stay warm. :)

I know exactly what you are talking about, and it used to eat holes in the tops of my toes, but not any more.

TheRedHead:
The problem arises with the modified frog kick and the way you have to turn your ankles out and grab the water. It's hard to explain but I find myself pushing my toes against the tops of the fin in order to "grab." Does anyone understand what I'm talking about? :)
I had that exact problem, it's why I spent so much on a set of Subapro Revos. Those are some great fins. They're only available in Japan though, which makes trying them on difficult.

Red, I second the recommendation to use socks. I had the exact same problem with my jets and booties. After a 3rd dive for a day or into a week dive trip, I'm guaranteed to get some nasty blisters on the top of my toes. I've picked up some thin scuba socks (but any regular sock will do) and never had any problems since...

Halthron, but you forgot to tell them the price tag on those Revo Jetfins... :wink:

I have a size 7 foot, use SP XS Molded Sole booties with a pair of XL Jets. It's a perfect fit. Frog kicking as previously mentioned helped till I found the combo I mentioned. SP has some fit/sizing issues.
Rig

this looked like a good place to ask this question. Im a size 10 shoe and wear size 10 henderson octoboot. Was wondering if anyone has this combo with jet fins, and what size. With all of the threads ive read it seems like XL would be the best? Any info would be great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom