Booties for Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been wearing size M Jets with a 3 mm tropical bootie and they caused blisters on the top of my toes. I bought a pair of size L and put small spring straps on them and they flop around with 7 mm Tusa hard sole bootie. My foot flops around in the bootie as well. How can I make them work? Do I need Rock Boots? It seems silly to dive wet with Rock Boots.....

RH, I've been diving since last summer using a pair of Chuck Taylors and a set of polypro socks from REI under them when I use my Jets in warm water. Works great, and I don't get any blisters or rubs like I did when I used my other fins with neoprene booties. It does occasion a bit of comment, though.

TSandM:
RH, I've been diving since last summer using a pair of Chuck Taylors and a set of polypro socks from REI under them when I use my Jets in warm water. Works great, and I don't get any blisters or rubs like I did when I used my other fins with neoprene booties. It does occasion a bit of comment, though.

What size Chuck Taylor and what size fin? My daughter has some Converse high tops in green...

I wear a women's 7 shoe, and the Jets are L.

TheRedHead:
I've been wearing size M Jets with a 3 mm tropical bootie and they caused blisters on the top of my toes. I bought a pair of size L and put small spring straps on them and they flop around with 7 mm Tusa hard sole bootie. My foot flops around in the bootie as well. How can I make them work? Do I need Rock Boots? It seems silly to dive wet with Rock Boots.....

I had some problems with the jetfin footpockets too, but wearing socks helped. I also stretched out my spring straps because they were too tight adding to the problem. My girlfriend uses large jets with Euro size 39 (7.5 US women) Camaro 6mm boots which seem to work okay for her. I use XL's with size 44 boots of the same brand and they are good fit as well for me: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/product.aspx?baseno=66039&CN=Camaro-Neoprene-Dive-Boots-for-Men

I'm using these and I might try adding some neoprene socks underneath. They are definitely too wide:

ItemLrgPic2A42032.jpg

But I don't think they will cause blisters with the reinforced top.

The oversized booties may be the problem. If your foot moves around in the booty, that will cause friction and blisters. I'd try getting a correctly fit booty and go back to the med. jets.

The booties I used with the size M do fit. I've used them with other fins for a couple of years. They're probably getting a bit worn out. The problem arises with the modified frog kick and the way you have to turn your ankles out and grab the water. It's hard to explain but I find myself pushing my toes against the tops of the fin in order to "grab." Does anyone understand what I'm talking about? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom