Booking MV Celebes Explorer in Sipadan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deepen

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Planning a trip to sipadan next month - seriously considering the liveaboard option, all one of them, ie MV Celebes explorer.

Looking for a recommendation on the best way to book. Google throws up a couple of agents - who to use?

Searched the forum for this, but couldn't find anything on this.

In Asia already, so happy to book direct or via an Asian agent, US agent, European Agent, whichever is the thing to do.

Any tips?

cheers

dan

Deepen, I do not recommend using Dive the World as your agent. I used them in the past and found them to be less than reputable when I ended up getting sick and wanted to reschedule - and they said no go. They offered no other options at all. There are a ton of agents to use... find one who cares. BTW you know when they finally cared? When I wrote a poor review about them on TripAdvisor. Suddenly, that got their interest - didn't hear bupkus from them prior. Just kept repeating all trips are non-refundable. But a bad review... suddenly... what can we do? Which by then of course was much too late.

I know I'm a newbie... so perhaps my trust level isn't up on the board yet. Nevertheless, felt I had to write.

^ I've received similar feedback from a very experienced ex-member of this forum. I also tried to book for early November and was told it was chartered by a local travel agent which is often tha case for this boat. DtW did not mention it was chartered for that week when I enquired.

^ I've received similar feedback from a very experienced ex-member of this forum. I also tried to book for early November and was told it was chartered by a local travel agent which is often tha case for this boat. DtW did not mention it was chartered for that week when I enquired.

It was booked out by a chinese tour/dive group..also had problems booking and was told when I called up their office in Kinabalu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom