Book Diving Ahead??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Submarinismo

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy all,
We will be staying at SMB in GC at the end of November for a week our first visit. There are so many choices of dive companies. We look for a company that will only take 8 or less out, stays away from crowds and chooses killer dive sites (a fun dive master is always a plus). Does anyone have experience with a company like this and do you think it would be wise to wait and check out the shops when we arrive. Appreciate any input!!

Though there are many dive shops on GC, You might want to check out Divetech.com
Ive been diving with them and they didn't have over 10 people on the boat. If my memory is right I do believe this is a slow time of year, They have wonderful dive masters, Many that I knew left, But I know a few there yet and they are fun. Have Fun, Turtle Gal

Or: Divers Down, Wall to Wall Divers, Ambassador Divers, Neptune Diving, Off the Wall, etc.

But make your booking now, not when you're on-island, or you could end up doing nothing but shore dives.

Thank you, that is what I needed to know. Alex777 have you dived with any of the shops you mention. I have been to all their web sites, they all look good and small ops, which is what we prefrer. To us the difference between diving on a boat with 10 or with 8 is huge and diving with 6 is even better!!

Hi,
I have used divers down twice and I was very happy with them. They have boats on both the north and west dies and so can find some nice dives regardless of the winds. Not crowded, helpful safe.

Doug

We are a big fan of Divetech. First they have a free shuttle service so you don't need a rental car. Then they provide a free dive computer rental if needed, so you can dive their boat profiles of 2 one hour dives. The boats are big and shaded, with few divers (8-10). Their boats have easy walk-off swim plateforms (which is important to my wife), freshwater shower, towels, bottled water, fruit for the 45-60 minute surface interval and Nitrox for the ones that want longer bottom times. We love all their staff but Gary and Eleanor are just awesome. Then they have "free" shore diving provided with the boat package and these dives were some of the greatest dives, especially the night dive at Cobalt Coast. The marine life and soft corals out front of their shop are the healthest reefs I have seen in the Carribbean... Also, make time to do a scooter dive, they have the latest scooter that are hands free with speed control. They have discounted packages for the Fall which runs till Dec 15th because that is when we are going.

Divetech will actually put up to 12 divers on their smaller boat Ten-Ata and 16 on Ata-tude.
Obviously if you are lucky and things are quiet then you may only get 8-10 divers.

You will be there for the week after thanksgiving and it is likely to be very busy so reservations are definitely recommended. Without them you may struggle to get the operation or dive days that you are looking for!
Happy diving,
CJ

I have dived with Ambassador, Wall to Wall and Neptune - all have small groups of divers and the sort of "personalized" service you are looking for. I have not tried Divers Down or Off the Wall, but I know they are well thought of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom