Book a operator before coz or wait till on the ground?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oxygen Guru:
I love Coz.

I agree with the above post, you should rec'v a discount if you book in advance with one shop for three dives.

I always go to a less advertised Dive Shop that is right on the water with its own dock called the Blue Angle Dive Shop at the Lorena Hotel. Servando is fantastic and the Manager Alejandra is fantastic as well. Small groups the largest I was with was 4 divers and a DM. Great experience and can't wait to go back.

We stayed at the Lorena and all the Shore Diving you want is included, loved the experience.

I also have had good experiences with Blue Angel, and I have stayed at that hotel many times and I love it. It's not Lorena any more, however; Alejandra and her partners have bought it and changed the name to Caribe Blu. The dive shop has expanded to fill the whole ground floor of the side building; the restaurant has also expanded and moved onto the roof of that building.

FWIW, Blue Angel's business has picked up, so (at least while I was there in May) their boats are usually full - 6 or 7 divers + DM.

Also FWIW, to get the free shore diving, you need to both be staying at Caribe Blu and diving with Blue Angel.

Cheers,

Dived with Blue Angel 3 weeks ago. Had same DM(Juan) as 2 years ago. Did not stay there, however. Trip leader taking another trip there July 11 and he is going to stay there then to form his own opinion. I know they showed him the rooms before but he wants to experience it himself. However you do not necessarily need to be staying there to get free shore diving. We stayed at Casa Del Mar and they(Blue Angel) had tanks available there for shore diving as long as we told them how many we needed after we were dropped off after the boat dives. They brought them down in a truck. We had a rather large group, however.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom