Bonne Terre Mines Trip Report, 1/12-1/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I forgot about the lights. I will NOT dive without mine. It's a canister light and counts as part of my weighting.

As far as I'm concerned, my gear is setup how I want it and the weighting is perfect. By asking me to change you'll screw up my diving and so I'm very resistant to that, and that's why I'm not game for the mine.

If it cost me $65 for 2 dives I'd probably do it, but not more and especially not if I can't use my own gear. For what it's worth I'll carry my tanks and weights that distance if I want to dive it. I'm in good enough shape to handle it, I'm a big boy responsible for myself and I'm just not happy with their policies.

It's odd they forced a 3 dive minimum on you, when I checked into it last year I was told 2 dives and I think even now the website says 2 dive minimum. Last time I looked it said that anyhow.

Sounds like you had a good time with it however, and IMO anytime you enjoy the dive it's a good day. I'm glad you had a positive if a bit cold experience and reported that fact back here.

One thing about the 3 dive minimum: I would recommend that people do 3 dives there anyway.

The first dive was just an introduction, and not too spectacular. The second dive was better, but the third and fourth dives were very fun.

So I think that if more people would do 3 dives, they would have a much better experience of BTM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom