Bonne Terre Mine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DUI is having a drysuit "demo day" weekend in April at Bonne Terre that includes 1/2 price dives. Unfortunately I have a prior commitment that weekend and can't make it, but at the 1/2 price rate I don't think you could go too far wrong. http://www.dui-online.com/dog_bonne_2005_diver.html

About the review, you really gotta wonder about a guy who would dive with asthma, overhead/swimthroughs or no...

I do have to agree that the no refund policy is bull.

dive:
He begins to give the signal to surface, but no one can see him! The guide has the only light and she is using it to point out the way-cool sights all over the place. The safety diver behind us actually had a light but he never once turned it on. Apparently his instructions were simple and he had only to watch the little green cylume sticks and make sure they all stayed in front of him and didn’t wander off on their own!

But, he also said he thought his friend was playing around. Anyway, I don't think I will be going. I agree, for the cost of the trip, from Colorado, I can't justify doing this dive. I could be diving in Cozumel. Besides, they don't sound too professional.
Rick

Rickster:
Odyssey Diving in Thornton, Co. is planning a dive trip to The Bonne Terre Mine in Mo. in July. Has anyone been there? I found a website It looks pretty interesting.
Rick

http://www.2dive.com/2dive.html

How funny, that I run into a guy from my OW last night in Nitrox class, and he JUST got back from Bonne Terre.

He very much enjoyed the diving there. While he does not have a ton of diving experience, as a newer diver, he is more cautious, and he felt the Dive Op was maybe not great, but good.

He felt that it was 1) overpriced, I think he said $65 per dive, but he also got a *mine* speciality or something that cost him an additional $60? 2) Very entertaining and enjoyable 3) Well organized. He was in the area for other reasons, and did two dives, so not a lot. He indicated that the had three guides, and all three used their lights.

I told him about this group, so maybe he'll join and post more info. Based on his experience, this sure did not sound like the incompentant dive op that the one reveiw detailed.

Back
Top Bottom