Bonne Terre Mine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just dove it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Our cost for 2 dives and overnight at a local hotel was $165, I think. The dives were ok. Nothing great but it was intersting to see the HUGE columns and a few items left. There are several threads on it here if you want to know more.

I've been wanting to do that dive but may be moving to TN so will probably wait till then. If that job falls through though I might be intersted in going along on that one.

Rickster:
I have one question. Where was his dive buddy? Sounds to me like that was buddy system problems. If anyone I dive with is giving the out of air signal, I will be the first there to help.
Rick

He begins to give the signal to surface, but no one can see him! The guide has the only light and she is using it to point out the way-cool sights all over the place. The safety diver behind us actually had a light but he never once turned it on. Apparently his instructions were simple and he had only to watch the little green cylume sticks and make sure they all stayed in front of him and didn’t wander off on their own!

dive:
He begins to give the signal to surface, but no one can see him! The guide has the only light and she is using it to point out the way-cool sights all over the place. The safety diver behind us actually had a light but he never once turned it on. Apparently his instructions were simple and he had only to watch the little green cylume sticks and make sure they all stayed in front of him and didn’t wander off on their own!
Yeah, that part bugged me as well. Why don't they let divers carry their own lights?? This sounds like a "control" situation that is not safe in my opinion.

Rules are rules guys..NO lights. They use them to communicate with each other as well as you. Actually you can use a small light, I can't remember what they called them but it would be small.
As for the guy going bonkers and not surfacing. Keep in mind that this is actually a underground lake. There are few times that you wouldn't be able to surface. When doing a swim through they are short, maybe 50 feet.
A buddy of mine has dove almost all the trails and they do get better.

There are a lot of things(rules) in that article that don't exist anymore.

crpntr133:
Rules are rules guys..NO lights. They use them to communicate with each other as well as you. Actually you can use a small light, I can't remember what they called them but it would be small.
As for the guy going bonkers and not surfacing. Keep in mind that this is actually a underground lake. There are few times that you wouldn't be able to surface. When doing a swim through they are short, maybe 50 feet.
A buddy of mine has dove almost all the trails and they do get better.

There are a lot of things(ruless) in that article that don't exist anymore.

The thing that bugs me is the 2 dive minimum at $65 each prepay in avance... Say I have can't make it for whatever reason and I call them and give them plenty of notice I get no refund.$130 out the window :11: I only live a few hours away from Bonne Terre and if I can cheap air fair I can go dive in Goldia and do boat dives for just about the same price as going to Bonne Terre. Don't get me wrong there should be rules but I fell they go a little overboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom