Bonne Terre Mine March 17 & 18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wkndbum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dove the Mine last weekend, had a good time. Staff was friendly, good natured & helpful. I was kind of surprised considering they had 60 divers there on Sat, it was really packed, they were running about 45 min to an hour & a half late all day long.

Did trails 10, 6A/8A (she improvized) & 7 on Sat. Trail 9 on Sun am, this was by far the best dive I've been on there. Brenda was our guide.

Probably make a trip again next year, didn't have to drive this time so that really helped.

Anybody have any other ?, give me a shout.

Terry

Hey Terry,

What was the vis like? Pardon me for such an FNG question, but have never been there.

Could you give me some more details?

Thanks,

Dark Wolf

Dark Wolf:
Hey Terry,

What was the vis like? Pardon me for such an FNG question, but have never been there.

Could you give me some more details?

Thanks,

Dark Wolf

Vis ranged from 60' to 100' plus depending on which trail you were on. Lots of divers in the mine kind of stired it up a bit too.

My computer showed temp @ 57

Kind of pricey dives but I really enjoyed the weekend.

Terry

i'll be heading there in late april. any suggestions of things to make sure i have with or anything to make the day go easier? thanks.

segundo3000gt:
i'll be heading there in late april. any suggestions of things to make sure i have with or anything to make the day go easier? thanks.

C-card, picture ID.

I recommend renting weights, you don't have to but everything you carry down into the
mine, has to be carried out. Everything you carry into the mine will probably be wet by the time you come out unless it's in a water proof bag.

If you have any questions about your gear, how the operation is run, dive plan or whatever, just ask your dive guide or safety diver, they all seemed helpful & eager to
answer questions.

Any questions, give me a shout.

Have fun!

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom