Bonne Terre Mine 3/10-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trashman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Made the 500 mile trip from Columbus Ohio in 6 1/2 hrs.Saturday morning I met my new dive buddys from Chicago.They had never did any Bear trails so this was a first for them,We did a deep trip to the Rotator,dropped into the City at tunnel junction and finished up the day with a trip to the Pearly Gates.Sunday was my day.The Chicago guys left and it was 1 on 1
, just me and Josh.We went back to the Rotator but we took the shallow route.Just past the Rotator is a tunnel that I explored last Nov.We went 400 ft. down the tunnel to an ore dump.Its closed off with wooden planks so we couldn't go up it to see where it went but it was a great dive.The last dive on Sunday was one of the best dives I have ever done at the mine.We hitched a ride on the boat and rode out to the structure saving a 15 minute surface swim.We dropped down into a canyon that bottomed out at 70 ft.Josh tied off and headed over to the wall of the canyon and shined his light at a hole in the floor.He later told me that they had dropped into this room once 2 yrs. ago but had never explored it to see where it went.I was grinning from ear to ear as I dropped down the shaft to 95 ft.What we saw can only be described as breathtaking.We went down a virgin tunnel for another 400 ft.What an awesome dive.Can't wait to go back.

Sounds like fun! Thanks for the trip report.

Bjorn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom