Bonica Multi-Snapper/Film Type

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bgates

Reaction score
I have just purchased a Bonica Multi-Snapper camera sight unseen. Does anybody have any experience with this camera? Also I understand that the camera can take DX coded film at 100,200 or 400 speeds. Anyone have any recommendations on speed and brand of film to use. I understand that I must use print film since this is just and point and shoot. Thanks in advance.

Hi Bgates and welcome to the board. I don't have any experience with that particular camera but here is my opinion on film. I try to use as slow a film speed as I think I can get away with, usally 100. If your camera will handle 200, then it might be of some advantage for you to use it until you get some experience as it will be a little bit more forgiving (exposure,ect). I tend to use 2 different films, Kodak Royal Gold (not regular gold)and Fuji. Both give me good results with the difference being that the Kodak gives me more "real life" colors where as the Fuji tends to make the colors more vivid and brighter. The reason I use the Royal Gold rather than the regular gold is that the grain is finer and if I decide to blow up the prints they look better (at least to me and that all that counts). UW photography is a lot different than topside photography. Get close to your subjects and try to shoot up if at all possible. Hope this helps.

Welcome to underwater photography and good choice on the camera. I particularly like the leak indication system.

As was already noted, the 200 is a bit more forgiving for all around shots. However, when you use the Macro setting (the third notch on your lens ring), 100 will give you better results since you may be enlarging your shots a bit more than your others.

Have fun with it and make sure that you show your pictures to everybody you can.

Just my $.02

RayC

Thanks for the information. I will be heading to Cabo San Lucas this week. I will try both 100 and 200 speed. If any of the pictures I take are worth it, I will post them. Thanks again for the tips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom