Bonairexel and luggage allowances

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Guys,

I've tried to get a response from bonairexel but of course no response...
The web site says that luggage is limited to:
Baggage allowance: 1 piece of baggage weighing at most 20 kg (44lbs)
Hand Baggage: 1 piece of hand baggage weighing at most 10 kg (22lbs)

They also say that:
Up to 10 kg of diving equipment per person may be taken along free of charge

Does this mean we each have to pack everything into 1 bag...our 10Kg of free dive luggage plus our 20Kg of clothes and crap plus our carry on? Or do they let you seperate the stuff out into 2 bags? They don't mention the charge for an extra bag...but I am guessing they charge it at the 5 ANG/Kg rate.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Steve

We recently flew Bonairexel from Aruba. My husband and I had 2 checked bags and 2 carry-ons (the checked baggage was in excess of 50 lbs. each). There were not questions or problems about the weight or number of bags. Neither flight was full, so that may explain why they weren't concerned about the limits.

When we used BonaireExcel in May 2004 between Bonaire & Curacao, we also weren't questioned, hassled, nor charged for our 2 checked pieces of luggage each, one carryon and one personal item each, and one each of our checked bags barely met the Delta & Air Jamaica 70 lb free limit flying down there. Our Bonairexcel flight between Bonaire & Curacao was full.

Air Tahiti was a completely different experience for us island hopping for two weeks - there we definitely paid extra $$$ for each extra ounce / gram on the prop planes, per the written policies, regardless of whether a flight was full or not.

I have flown with Bonairexel before and you are allowed your normal luggage:
Air cargo: 20 kilos (in as many bags as you please as long as it totals 20 kilo)
carry on: 10 kilo (one bag)
and in addition diving equipment: 10 kilos (again, in as many bags as you like as long as it totals 10 kilo).

You need to let them know beforehand that you will bring diving equipment as well and you may need to take the batteries out of your light (I had to).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom