Bonairetruckrental.com - Just got back...$50 a day!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bonaire11

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Wife and I have been going to Bonaire for years. We always have issues finding cheap, available, reliable trucks for diving. We know a local family that just started Bonaire Truck Rental (bonairetruckrental.com). We just got back from a dive trip and we're so happy we booked with them. They rent Nissan Navara 2017's with standard transmissions, ac, etc., for $50 a day with a 5 day minimum. They come with a wifi router in them so it's great when you're driving around. They meet you at the airport when you arrive and you leave the truck in short-term parking when you fly out. No hassle. I'll post a pic of their trucks below. Good dive!

--I posted this in Industry News but will repost here. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• 7FE35530-9C10-449D-8914-F61475DF6938_1_201_a.jpeg
    7FE35530-9C10-449D-8914-F61475DF6938_1_201_a.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 117
I'd never heard of this before, and have no experience with them. Something very good to know from their webpage you linked:

"All-in rental
For $50 a day your rental includes CDW (all risk) insurance, taxes and a second driver. There is a $300 refundable deposit required to be used against the deductible in case of damage."

Often when a rental truck's been included in a package in the past, I found CDW wasn't included (which can be a nasty surprise at the rental counter when you think you've pre-paid everything). For that $50 in include CDW insurance, taxes and a 2nd driver is a big deal.

My Wife and I have been going to Bonaire for years. We always have issues finding cheap, available, reliable trucks for diving. We know a local family that just started Bonaire Truck Rental (bonairetruckrental.com). We just got back from a dive trip and we're so happy we booked with them. They rent Nissan Navara 2017's with standard transmissions, ac, etc., for $50 a day with a 5 day minimum. They come with a wifi router in them so it's great when you're driving around. They meet you at the airport when you arrive and you leave the truck in short-term parking when you fly out. No hassle. I'll post a pic of their trucks below. Good dive!

--I posted this in Industry News but will repost here. Thanks for reading.
How did you come upon this company and what made you decide to try them? I’ve looked for other reviews, including trip advisor, and can’t find any. Did you find reviews and if so can you share a link to the reviews? Thanks.

How did you come upon this company and what made you decide to try them? I’ve looked for other reviews, including trip advisor, and can’t find any. Did you find reviews and if so can you share a link to the reviews? Thanks.
It's a new company started by a family we know who lives on Bonaire. They sent us an email - that's how we found out. You can learn more about them on their website (bonairetruckrental.com). They own another company called Bonaire Sea Salt, as well. I think you can find some reviews on it. We can't say enough good things about them. We had an excellent experience with our truck rental.

HI @Bonaire11

That is indeed a good deal if it also includes location fee, sales tax, and government tax.

We have used AB Car Rental on our last two visits, we are here now for 2 weeks. We have a late model, 4 seater truck, manual transmission. With CDW and full coverage, including all other fees, it is $62/d, $866 for the 2 weeks. They pick up at the airport to their facility. Drop off at the same place with transport back to the airport

What was your total cost and the duration of your stay? I know that @drrich2 would really like the standard transmission :)

I know that @drrich2 would really like the standard transmission
Uhh, I think he wants automatic, not manual/standard.

Uhh, I think he wants automatic, not manual/standard.
Ha, I'm not quite as old as you but I call manual transmission, manual transmission and would interpret standard transmission as automatic. Guess I am wrong here, "standard" on Bonaire is certainly manual, as I have always driven here. @Bonaire11 can certainly confirm your view.

I guess it would help to simply say manual or automatic transmission, nothing left to interpretation :)

Ha, I'm not quite as old as you but I call manual transmission, manual transmission and would interpret standard transmission as automatic. Guess I am wrong here, "standard" on Bonaire is certainly manual, as I have always driven here. @Bonaire11 can certainly confirm your view.

I guess it would help to simply say manual or automatic transmission, nothing left to interpretation :)
LOL. Huh. My wife, who is ten years younger than me, agrees with me; standard means manual. I think your last paragraph is the key; say what you really mean instead of something that may vary from location to location. :):)

HI @Bonaire11

That is indeed a good deal if it also includes location fee, sales tax, and government tax.

We have used AB Car Rental on our last two visits, we are here now for 2 weeks. We have a late model, 4 seater truck, manual transmission. With CDW and full coverage, including all other fees, it is $62/d, $866 for the 2 weeks. They pick up at the airport to their facility. Drop off at the same place with transport back to the airport

What was your total cost and the duration of your stay? I know that @drrich2 would really like the standard transmission :)
Our total was $700 for 2 weeks and included CDW (& all taxes/fees). They rent Nissan Navara 4 doors with manual transmissions (I think that's all there is on the island now post-Covid). They dropped the truck off to us at the airport when we arrived and we left it in short-term parking when we flew out. So really easy leaving - they just pick the truck up later.

So true - 'manual' transmissions on rental trucks are most common on Bonaire 👍🏼.

For reference, the truck rental at Buddy Dive is $58 per day plus $4.40 tax plus $11 CDW plus $19 for full insurance; I understand many reject the latter because they have their own CC (or other) coverage for it. So two weeks (i.e. 13 rental days) of truck and CDW and tax would be $955.50. Since many at Buddy Dive are in 2BR condos, they typically share that cost among 4 people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom