Bonairetruckrental.com - Just got back...$50 a day!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's too bad. Those guys are great. Bonaire Truck Rental would be my first choice. Second choice is Poppy at Telerin. You should try them. We used to rent with them and they're prices are good - trucks are not as nice as Bonaire Truck Rental. But, they are much cheaper than Avis. Here's their email: marcolva@hotmail.com.
Thanks

My Wife and I just got back from our last second dive trip to Bonaire - loved it. Rough being back. We rented again with Bonaire Truck Rental. Everything was awesome. They just bought some additional trucks because business has been so good. So, they have more opens dates now for the season.

The sweetest most considerate people and only $60 a day all-in with 24/7 road service. BTW, I meant to say that also includes a wireless router that goes with you everywhere so you have internet all over the island.

Happy holidays, all.

We have friends who are diving on Bonaire this week. They just got in touch and let us know that they've been hearing stories about people not being able to find a truck anywhere. They're renting with Bonaire Truck Rental and our local friend/owner told them they have availability starting first week of January. But, don't wait to book.

Happy holidays all...and gooood dive!

Libertad Car Rental is another good one. $352 all in for an 8 day rental for a Toyota hilux with a stick. They were waiting for me at the airport when I came out and the transaction took about 5 minutes.

I haven't heard of them, thanks. I just talked to our friends who got back this weekend. Loved Daniel and Anna at Bonaire Truck Rental. One really cool feature of their rentals is the free wifi router that is included. My friends loved that. They also couldn't believe how easy the return was - just left it in short-term parking out front.

I haven't heard of them, thanks. I just talked to our friends who got back this weekend. Loved Daniel and Anna at Bonaire Truck Rental. One really cool feature of their rentals is the free wifi router that is included. My friends loved that. They also couldn't believe how easy the return was - just left it in short-term parking out front.
This part seems to go against everything I've read about not leaving valuables in the vehicle, and leaving windows down and doors unlocked. I guess if just your phone you are using the Internet with, you might be taking that with you... On the surface sounds really cool to me, since when/if I get to Bonaire, I will be working remotely while there. A truck with a 3" steel safe welded to the frame for storing my company laptop in it while diving, sounds about perfect -- send a few emails while at the surface, boss thinks you worked all day :wink:

Edit: I didn't quote that right, talking about the "wifi router" if not obvious.

This part seems to go against everything I've read about not leaving valuables in the vehicle, and leaving windows down and doors unlocked. I guess if just your phone you are using the Internet with, you might be taking that with you... On the surface sounds really cool to me, since when/if I get to Bonaire, I will be working remotely while there. A truck with a 3" steel safe welded to the frame for storing my company laptop in it while diving, sounds about perfect -- send a few emails while at the surface, boss thinks you worked all day :wink:

Edit: I didn't quote that right, talking about the "wifi router" if not obvious.
Why are you working while you're diving? Yes, the free wifi router included with the rental is perfect for staying connected with family/friends etc., while driving around the island. It also allows you to contact Bonaire Truck Rental if you have any issues - they have 24/7 road service included and are available on WhatsApp. But, yes you should always roll your windows down and leave your doors unlocked while diving.

Not as inexpensive, but we use Ultimate Dive Trucks and won't use anything else on Bonaire. If you don't mind paying $725 for the week, the trucks are full size F150s, they have lock boxes, a shower, cooler, gear tubs, boat-style tank holders, etc. And the owners, Eric and Stacy...incredible people.

We wanted to give this outfit a try, but seven weeks before our March trip they said their trucks were all booked up for our week. They offered to put us on a waiting list, but that doesn't seem like a good idea to me. We booked with AB instead. Maybe next trip. We have long used Telerin.

We wanted to give this outfit a try, but seven weeks before our March trip they said their trucks were all booked up for our week. They offered to put us on a waiting list, but that doesn't seem like a good idea to me. We booked with AB instead. Maybe next trip. We have long used Telerin.
Sorry to hear that. You should definitely give Bonaire Truck Rental a try next time. We used to rent with Telerin too - but, like these guys so much more. Just much better customer service and vehicle overall. Also, Daniel and Anna told our friends (who just rented) they are in the process of buying more trucks now. So, should have openings for your next trip.

Back
Top Bottom