Bonaire, Windjammer Wreck or others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captron

Registered
Reaction score
I am diving the Windjammer Wreck 0n 09-25-08 fo the 2nd. time. The real question is are their other teck dives in Bonaire that I can do. I am trimix cirtified Thanks for any input.

I assume you mean deep ones. I don't know of others but contact Walt at Rec Tec. If there are any he will be the man in the know....and your source of any gas you might need.

I am diving the Windjammer Wreck 0n 09-25-08 fo the 2nd. time. The real question is are their other teck dives in Bonaire that I can do. I am trimix cirtified Thanks for any input.

Just left Bonaire and did the Hilma Hooker. Nice dive 100 feet. No need for trimix.

Wow, can you dive it again? I thought it had been made unavailable. Maybe that was old news. Anyway, WJ was my very first deep dive with an oxygen bottle slung for deco gas. 167 feet. I do recall briefly feeling a narcosis hit just before starting the ascent.

Yes, there are several cool dive sites for trimix diving. We dove the anchors at Red Slave last year a couple of times. The deepest one we got two was at about 208' or so but there was another one further on. We just ran out of bottom time after about the 3rd anchor. For photos go to Caribbean Gas Training - GUE training on Bonaire and DIR technical scuba diving logistics and look under Benji's shore diving section and look for anchors at Red Slave. We also did Karpata to about 150' or so and it was pretty cool also. There is another barge out front closer to town but we didn't dive it. Contact Benji at the email above and he can answer more questions. I am there on the 12th of Oct for 2 weeks and we are going to do a series of mix dives and maybe a bit of new exploration. The anchors were very cool though.......

Definitely check with Walt at Rec Tek Scuba. He is THE GUY when it comes to technical diving on Bonaire. I did the Windjammer with him this past February and have done the deep wall at Karpata (around 200 fsw or so) as well. Red Slave Huts with the anchor chain is also a nice tech dive. In any event, Walt can give you all the info (and gas fills) you need.

You can also dive Cooper's Barge. It sits at around 150fsw and is located in front of the desalinization plant. Bart and Bob at Wanna Dive made arrangements for us to access the site via private property, so you may want to contact them.

Thanks everyone.
I have don the Cooper Barge many times, I enter by the cliff dive and walk down the beach to enter the water after i do the barge i finish up with the cliff. I used Walter last year as this year also.

I'll tell you right now, if someone wanted to do tech diving especially on wrecks, there is a whole undiscovered area on the north east side of the island. Hubby tells me that a lot of locals (especially local fishermen), know where a lot of these are. Unfortunately no one has taken the time to find and plot them. Hmmmmmmmmmmm....could this be an opening of opportunity???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom