Bonaire, Windjammer Wreck or others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll tell you right now, if someone wanted to do tech diving especially on wrecks, there is a whole undiscovered area on the north east side of the island. Hubby tells me that a lot of locals (especially local fishermen), know where a lot of these are. Unfortunately no one has taken the time to find and plot them. Hmmmmmmmmmmm....could this be an opening of opportunity???

I think I'm about due for another trip to Bonaire :)

Given that I just sold my house, and that the economy is in the terlit, and that I don't have a wife anymore, I'm thinking of spending 3-6 months down there. currently researching long term rentals. wahoo!

Given that I just sold my house, and that the economy is in the terlit, and that I don't have a wife anymore, I'm thinking of spending 3-6 months down there. currently researching long term rentals. wahoo!

"They" say when one door closes another opens. Best of luck flightlead!

"They" say when one door closes another opens. Best of luck flightlead!

Thanks! Its that, buy a sailboat and take off for a while, or maybe just head south of the border with business cards that say "willing crew, will sail for food" :D OPBs (other peoples boats) are certainly cheaper than ones own.

I'll tell you right now, if someone wanted to do tech diving especially on wrecks, there is a whole undiscovered area on the north east side of the island. Hubby tells me that a lot of locals (especially local fishermen), know where a lot of these are. Unfortunately no one has taken the time to find and plot them. Hmmmmmmmmmmm....could this be an opening of opportunity???

My understanding is that it is difficult to get a boat to get out there as the seas are usually rough except for a small window of time during the year. Some of the waves that hit that coast are "sporty" to say the least. I think a lot of the charter boats are quite happy to stay on the Klein Bonaire side and out of the waves. Also, those ascents would have to be blue water ascents and that is a little outside of a lot of peoples comfort zone. Should see some sharks and big honking fish on that side though! See some interesting things around the bay on that side. I know a group of tech divers wanted to get out and see what was around on that side but no luck getting a boat.

That's awesome, man. Lemons into lemondade :crafty:

The wrecks are located on the East Coast, not the West, which is where Klein is. A lot of local fisherman go out in little tiny wooden boats on the West side of Klein to fish....if you wanted to dive that side....mmmm...interesting idea.

I would contact Walt or Benji, who specialize in tech diving here on the island, they may be able to find a boat that is willing to go..

Hey wait, maybe if we had a boat (me and Ed...)?????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom