Bonaire - Which is your preferred area to stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could look at Sand Dollar. Haven't been yet, but staying there in Nov. through VRBO - A1 ground level with screened porch. It's certainly within budget for 1 bedroom, ocean front with a view. Bari reef is right out front and Dive Friends right there. Parking is close to units and it's close enough to town. We picked it for all these reasons.

Nice video - I watched your others too.... now I'm almost wishing it was winter again...(almost!) I went through your trip report - fabulous pix from you and Ron and your details on dining, etc were great and I've started my "stuff I need to know" file from your great information...
again thanks for taking the time to help out!

Ann

We are going in June and have been looking for a place too. Everyone seems to have great reviews and we can't decide. Reading everyone's post, it looks like I will need to checkout beachcomber villas now!

We are going in June and have been looking for a place too. Everyone seems to have great reviews and we can't decide. Reading everyone's post, it looks like I will need to checkout beachcomber villas now!

Princesshae81, I saw your other thread and thought about suggesting Beachcomber Villas to you but it sounded like you were looking for more of a dive resort feel. If you want a more private and personal feel, you could not do better than the Beachcombers. Absolutely everything wwguy said is true. So often in reviews the info turns out to be unreliable or simply not true. Not so in this case. The villa is in a great location with beautiful ocean view, huge terrace with gas grill, separate lower sitting area, Dive Friends in walking distance, pool if you like (I've yet to use it but looks nice), well stocked kitchen, and free wifi. And for divers, there is a separate dive storage area that is well ventilated...dry wetsuits next day!...and a gated area outside to dry gear as well. There are two separate units for rent, both upstairs. One unit has a single queen bed. The other unit has 2 queen beds. All areas are extremely well maintained.

And I have always felt very safe there. The villas are located in a fenced residential area. All areas of the villas are locked and very secure.

What more can I add about Tim and Leanne? They are unlike any other rental owners anywhere, and I have stayed at many other vrbo/home away type condos both in Bonaire, Aruba and the US. No one else can touch the level of service that Tim and Leanne provide. Before you arrive, all emails are answered promptly, often within a few hours. Arriving late? Leanne can make sure you've got start up groceries waiting for you if requested. From Tim helping with the dive gear to Leanne coming up with a couple of eggs until I could get to the market, the owners are exceptional.

Whatever you decide, you will love diving in Bonaire. If you are like most first time divers there, this will be the first of many repeat visits!

Lisa

Last edited:
Has anyone stayed at the Blue Divers resort? Have you ever dove with VIP Diving? They are offering an amazing deal to me, Cheapest from what I have seen, so just wondering about them.

I have not stayed at Blue Divers, but did dive with VIP divers and they were phenomenal. I could not recommend them highly enough.

Dove with Bas from VIP a couple of years ago and hold him and the experience in very high regard! know nothing about Blue diver resort except where they are located. close to where the Divi is but not on the water.

Last edited:
Check out the Belmar apt!

Has anyone stayed at the Blue Divers resort? Have you ever dove with VIP Diving? They are offering an amazing deal to me, Cheapest from what I have seen, so just wondering about them.
They're in town, about a short block from the waterfront but there's no view afaik. The Divi resort is in front of it plus Blue Divers sort of runs east west. Get a car, you'll be driving to just about every dive site from there - I suppose you could walk to the Divi's. Within walking distance north are the shops/restaurants downtown. Also the Town Pier - where the cruise ships moor. If there are any when you're going - it's seasonal.

If you're looking for something on that level, the Dive Hut is another option.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom