Bonaire virgin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man...this board has been so helpful. Now I know where to get a diving guide?!!

As Spongebob would say..... I'M REEEADY, I'M REEEADY!

Okay...just ley me know If I'm pushing my luck here. But since you all are so eager to help...I still have this balance due on my trip, no?

I know what you're thinking... :whack:

banjo:
Man...this board has been so helpful. Now I know where to get a diving guide?!!

As Spongebob would say..... I'M REEEADY, I'M REEEADY!

Okay...just ley me know If I'm pushing my luck here. But since you all are so eager to help...I still have this balance due on my trip, no?

I know what you're thinking... :whack:

From one Hillbilly to another.......:pity_part or perhaps :flush:

Or maybe just a simple.....:no

>>I need a Bonaire diving guide..or something of the sort. Anyone know of a book that would layout the shore dive locations and what they are about? Would be real handy.

You can buy the book at ANY store in Bonaire. Costs about $15. Author has changed. It was updated for 2006 by Susan Porter. Great book. Invaluable diving info.

Bonaire: Shore Diving Made Easy. Fourth Edition.

My wife and I just got back from our sixth trip to Bonaire and stayed this time at the recently constructed Den Laman condos adjacent to Sand Dollar. Having stayed previously at more economical locations such as the Yachtclub apartments, we were blown away by how nice these condos were. These facilities are brand new and very well detailed. The units are all fitted with brand new top end appliances (including full kitchens with ice makers, dishwashers, flat screen TVs, DVD players with surround sound speaker systems). The one bedroom condos have a spectacular ocean views from the balconies.

Also, Bonaire Dive and Adventure's (BDA) new dive shop is down stairs as well as the very nice Den Laman restraurant. BDA is currently offering unlimited 32% nitrox for the price of air, an astounding $105 for unlimited nitrox tanks for six days diving, less than half of what Buddy's charges for nitrox and boat dives are just $25 a piece on top of this.

When are the best or worst times to go to Bonaire? I'm considering September or October, but could easily change that to another time.

Thanks,

Gary

There is not much difference in the time of year. Late Nov and Dec are the "rainy" season but thats not usually more than a morning shower. Water temp does not change more than a few degrees. I do prefer the "off" seasons due less people and reduced cost but weather is not a consideration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom