Bonaire virgin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well bilznut...now I'm going to have to know where Bongos is. Anywhere near Buddy Dive? Looks like we will be staying at Buddy Dive.

I got a quote from Harbour Village and listen to this. In spite of the fact that I explained to them my intention of doing just shore dives, no boat. I still have to pay for the boat package. If I want to do shore diving, they include airfills, but a rental truck is extra. Said they will not modify a package. I thought "what package" ? I Didnt ask for any package, only prices for what I wanted to do. Anyway....I think the owner of THAT place needs to go to Bongos...OR maybe he has been there too much?
By the way...their price was up there! Infringes on our bar tab! :cheers:

So we are staying at Buddy Dive. Was still waiting to hear from Sand dollar...but what the heck. Giving this to much thought. At this point, we're kinda like, GIT'R DONE! We're ready to go!:yelclap:

banjo:
Well bilznut...now I'm going to have to know where Bongos is. Anywhere near Buddy Dive? Looks like we will be staying at Buddy Dive.

I got a quote from Harbour Village and listen to this. In spite of the fact that I explained to them my intention of doing just shore dives, no boat. I still have to pay for the boat package. If I want to do shore diving, they include airfills, but a rental truck is extra. Said they will not modify a package. I thought "what package" ? I Didnt ask for any package, only prices for what I wanted to do. Anyway....I think the owner of THAT place needs to go to Bongos...OR maybe he has been there too much?
By the way...their price was up there! Infringes on our bar tab! :cheers:

So we are staying at Buddy Dive. Was still waiting to hear from Sand dollar...but what the heck. Giving this to much thought. At this point, we're kinda like, GIT'R DONE! We're ready to go!:yelclap:
Buddy is a good choice if you're planning on mostly doing the drive and dive thing.

bperrybap:
"there are a few very rotten apples"
Isn't that the case everywhere? Resorts, Dive boats, Jobs, even family.....bill

I don't think so, really. I have dived with many operations in many countries, and I can only think of a few that I had similar propblems with. Almost all dive operations do their best to make sure their customers want to come back and recommend them to others. Not very many act as if you are scum to be tolerated.

We (non-diving wife and diving 18 year old son) stayed at Sand Dollar last April and were extremely happy with the accommodations. The condo was clean (everyday along with fresh linens) and very nicely decorated (by the owner, not Sand Dollar). Everything (doors, AC, television, kitchen appliances, water heater, ceiling fans, etc.) was in great condition and working order. Two bedrooms, each with individual indoor AC, along with two bathrooms/showers, made for great privacy. The included breakfast buffet down by the water every morning offered an excellent diversity of breakfast foods and fruit as well as made to order eggs, omelets, etc. A grocery store, an internet cafe, and an ice cream shop were just across the parking lot from the condo.

Boat diving with BDA (Bonaire Dive and Adventure), Sand Dollar's accompanying dive shop, possessed a couple of extra special bonuses--Jerry Ligon, the quite famous biologist/DM (who will teach you, on his large slate, about the reef inhabitants as you dive with him), and Benji, the GUE-style DM (who you can observe and learn from in his impeccable diving style). The other DMs were also all super friendly and well qualified and were usually able to locate the most sought sea creatures. The free Nitrox "upgrade", which was good for unlimited shore diving as well as the boat diving, was a big plus.

The waterfront restaurant right at Sand Dollar was quite good but not our favorite. However, the new restaurant at Den Laman, right next to our dive pier, was close to, if not, our favorite.

Since she has not been diving, my wife has to occupy herself in other ways but, even so, she was so pleased with the sights of Bonaire, Sand Dollar, and all the fine restaurants we went to, that she asked to go back to Bonaire and Sand Dollar this April. There is likely other lodging on Bonaire as nice or better than Sand Dollar but I don't see a reason to take a chance. We're staying at Sand Dollar in April. :D

-- Dan

Welcome to the board Dan.

Is Sonya a sweetheart or what- she was most likely the lady cooking the omlets.

I need a Bonaire diving guide..or something of the sort. Anyone know of a book that would layout the shore dive locations and what they are about? Would be real handy.

My wife came home late tonight. She was dancing as she came through the front door singing some sort of poor homemade rendition of "I'm Goin' di---vin...goin to Bo---naaaaire..." yeah...it sounded as bad as it probably looks, but the dance was cute.

herman:
Welcome to the board Dan.

Is Sonya a sweetheart or what- she was most likely the lady cooking the omlets.

Thanks for the welcome.

It was Eddie's wife doing the cooking. I don't remember for sure but I don't think her name was Sonya. Maybe Sonya is their daughter. ? There was a young lady or two around just a bit during the times we were eating breakfast.

-- Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom