Bonaire truck rental & AMEX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What rental vehicle insurance do you use to cover this RJP?

I'm always interested in new ideas and information.

I buy the insurance from the rental agency and make sure to clarify what it covers. A few dollars more? Maybe.

Which agency / agencies do you use?

I'm actually looking to rent a truck as well.. but it's to move across a few states..

Anyone have any advice? I found these couple sites but I'm not even sure if that second one has a customer service team?? Trying to read up on it now..

Ryder Truck Rental | Truck Rental Reservations, Moving Truck Rental, Commercial Truck Rental -
Truck Rental | Movers and Moving Companies

Has anyone moved long distance before? Any info would be greatly appreciated- thanks!!

Jack

If your staying with Buddy's, pick-up comes with hotel package, can you still use Amex for coverage.

maybe - the AMEX FAQ states

"Am I covered under the Premium Car Rental Protection Plan if my Car Rental is part of a travel package?

Yes, you are covered provided your car rental is charged to your enrolled Card account separately and a premium is billed. If you have any questions, please contact us at the toll-free number on your monthly statement or on the back of your American Express Card."

If it were me, I'd phone AMEX first to make sure. For instance, their coverage detail link also contains

"Coverage
Premium Car Rental Protection provides coverage for 1) reimbursement for Damage to or Theft of the Rental Auto and Personal Property, and 2) medical expense and Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits resulting from a covered Accident. The vehicle must be rented from a Rental Company, which is a commercial rental agency whose primary business is renting passenger type motor vehicles, but it does not include a company whose primary business is something other than renting cars, such as an auto body shop or a moving van company."

Better to ask and know for sure up front. I've never used this as part of a vacation package, I've always simply rented the vehicle directly so I have no experience on how these two seemingly opposing statements are resolved by AMEX.

Back
Top Bottom