Trip Report Bonaire Trip Report [Photos + HD Video]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Rainer :
Report, pics, video, all so well done.
Love it!
And what's up with that soundtrack? It really just sounds like "relaxed vacation" ...

Very well written and documented trip report. I'm headed back for my second trip the third week of July and taking a buddy for his first trip to Bonaire. Been reading all I can and your report has me anticipating the trip just that much more. Thank you.

Thanks! You and your buddy are going to have a great time. Where are you staying? Any specific plans? It's really hard to go wrong once you're there. Have fun!

Big Props! Super awesome report! And fantastic video... will be back in just a few weeks.... can't wait. Great info here that I will definitely use..

Thanks for reading along and watching. Excited for you heading back. I know how much we relied on other's trip reports, so wanted to make sure to share our experience. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks! You and your buddy are going to have a great time. Where are you staying? Any specific plans? It's really hard to go wrong once you're there. Have fun!

We are staying at Buddy Dive which is where I first stayed while soloing there.

Thanks. What an excellent writeup. Loved the photos and video too. So far I've been on Bonaire 3 times for a total of 6 weeks. The diving there is so good it spoiled me for anywhere else. Going back again Oct 28 - Nov 4 (only a week this time - too old for 2 weeks of non-stop diving). Your report made me feel as if I was there. Magic.

Thanks. What an excellent writeup. Loved the photos and video too. So far I've been on Bonaire 3 times for a total of 6 weeks. The diving there is so good it spoiled me for anywhere else. Going back again Oct 28 - Nov 4 (only a week this time - too old for 2 weeks of non-stop diving). Your report made me feel as if I was there. Magic.

Really appreciate the kind words! Glad you enjoyed the photos and video. We had a great trip and it's always nice to come home with something to help you remember the good times.

6 weeks of past Bonaire trips and another week-long trip coming up, you must have a wealth of experience. What are some of your favorite dive spots that we might have missed? Any topside recommendations for us to try next time? Bet you can't wait for October. Hope it's another wonderful trip for you!

@Rainer
Does Buddy's offer an all inclusive type package? I'm more thinking about truck rental and lodging. I'd rather not be tied into whatever meal packages they may have. Thanks in advance.

@Rainer
Does Buddy's offer an all inclusive type package? I'm more thinking about truck rental and lodging. I'd rather not be tied into whatever meal packages they may have. Thanks in advance.

If you take a look at the trip report on the first page, you'll see that we didn't stay at Buddy's. We booked our own apartment (VRBO), arranged out own truck (Telerin), and setup our own diving (Dive Friends Bonaire). While Buddy's offers some great packages (which you can find here: Buddy Dive Bonaire rates & specials), we were able to save about half the cost of what they offer. Perhaps not as convenient, it worked well for us (as highlighted in the trip report).

That said, Buddy's, from what we heard from divers staying there, from what we've read here on ScubaBoard, and what we saw when we visited for a night dive, appears to be a very good option for anyone looking for a resort able to take care of all your needs. If we'd gone the resort route, we'd likely have stayed at Buddy's.

Good luck!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom