Trip Report Bonaire Trip Report [Photos + HD Video]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like you really did Bonaire in a fine way, and made it home with great pics. I miss the island; I've been roaming to new destinations in the past few years, but it's been eating at me.

I like how the Black & White approach brought out more evident detail in that Hilma Hooker shot.

Richard.

Dude! You killed it with this trip report! Thoroughly loved it and all of your excellent photos and video. I will be back down in Bonaire for 8 days in August and looking forward to it. PM me if you all want to hook up for any Channel Islands diving in the future.

Really appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time to read, watch, and comment. You'll have a great trip in August.

We haven't been diving locally in awhile, but we're pretty sure we want to start again. I'll definitely drop you a line when we're ready. Would love to get back out to the Channel Islands.

Good report! Thanks! But I disagree with your assesment of Klein diving--try it again next time. In my view, you are missing about 50% of the best diving. One of my favorite types of divesite is a shallow white sand area with gorgonions and patch coral, etc.--lots of macro, turtles, squid, etc......a number of sites on Klein offer this as do some sites on the "big" island. I hope you return to Bonaire, but it sounds as though other destinations call. Fairly close is the big island of Hawaii, as well as Maui and Kauai--colder water than Bonaire but tropical critters.

Looks like you really did Bonaire in a fine way, and made it home with great pics. I miss the island; I've been roaming to new destinations in the past few years, but it's been eating at me.

I like how the Black & White approach brought out more evident detail in that Hilma Hooker shot.

Richard.

It had been ten years since I was last on Bonaire, so it was definitely nice coming back (first time trip for the others).

Agree about the B&W pics pulling out some nice detail. Here's one of the reefs that I hadn't posted earlier:

18447569_10101226597710158_8276953959011387406_n.jpg

Good report! Thanks! But I disagree with your assesment of Klein diving--try it again next time. In my view, you are missing about 50% of the best diving. One of my favorite types of divesite is a shallow white sand area with gorgonions and patch coral, etc.--lots of macro, turtles, squid, etc......a number of sites on Klein offer this as do some sites on the "big" island. I hope you return to Bonaire, but it sounds as though other destinations call. Fairly close is the big island of Hawaii, as well as Maui and Kauai--colder water than Bonaire but tropical critters.

Like I said, we only did the two Klein dives. Those two sites just weren't remarkable. We had better dives on the main island, plus the bonus of being able to dive our own profiles (the boat dives were limited to 60' and 60 minutes; we came up with a lot of extra gas). I understand the reasons for keeping to a tight schedule for boat dives, but you get used to the shore diving freedom and that's hard to give up. In any case, I don't doubt there are better dives to be had on Klein, so perhaps we'll consider another trip there when we next find ourselves back on Bonaire. Thanks for reading along!

Thanks for the book info! Just watched the video. Great combination of above and under water. It does a good job of showing some of the stuff I was curious about.

Thanks for the book info! Just watched the video. Great combination of above and under water. It does a good job of showing some of the stuff I was curious about.

No problem! Thanks for watching and the kind words. Any other questions, just let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom