Bonaire Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasw:
Not sure why Buddy's gets better reviews as "the dive place".

As it was told to me at Buddy you are in the company of folks intent on diving. The diving may not be any better just a more focused clientelle. Not the place to go with a party of divers and non divers.

The 2 lane 24 hour fill station is a draw. I have not heard how the others provide after hours gas.

Pete

I have not stayed there , when I was there in Dec. ,it was strictly a dive dive dive trip, with other dive folks, none of us brought our significant others ,so we chose to stay at the cheapest place (Wanna Dive Hut) which was great , clean and easy, tanks are there ready to put in the truck and head off to the many dive sites....next time when I bring my family I will stay at Deep Blue, a good friend on the island told me about it and while I was there I met the owner , They are very nice and I have been told by others it is very nice , can't wait to try it....let us know if you go how you like it....

Susie,

If you like upscale, personalized service, very quaint, then Deep Blue View is fantastic. Menno and his wife have 5 rooms and the place is stunning, IMHO. Your hosts are very personable and all around great people. It is located in the neighborhood of Santa Barbara, "up on the hill" and has great views of the whole island, I know we live "up on the hill", right around the corner from their place.

Liz

JenTeach:
My husband and I are looking at traveling to Bonaire in March/April...this would be our first trip there...have been to Curacao. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Eden Beach Resort?

Any other recommendations? It seems that Buddy Dive Resort seems to be a favorite.

Jennifer
I have stayed at Eden Beach 3 times, each time in a different unit. Rooms are clean the staff is always helpful. I loved every trip and the convenience of Bongo's beach bar. Wannadive dive op is without a doubt among the best on the island. Where ever I stay on Bonaire, they are my dive op of choice.

My wife and I just got back in mid November from two luxurious weeks at Deep Blue View. It is wonderful! Menno and Ester are great, they have a lovely place with a fantsatic view......and you're on Bonaire! Nuff said!

I stayed at Sand Dollar in August, and was very happy with everything there. The diving from the dockthere showed me everything I saw anywhere else, from Eagle Rays to Squid to turtles. The free upgrade to Nitrox was a plus too.

JenTeach:
My husband and I are looking at traveling to Bonaire in March/April...this would be our first trip there...have been to Curacao. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Eden Beach Resort?

Any other recommendations? It seems that Buddy Dive Resort seems to be a favorite.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer, all good recommendations. You really can't go wrong with most places, it really depends on what you want...on the water, kitchen, restaurant on the premisis, etc. I've stayed at Sand$ and Belmar when I've stayed at a hotel/resort. Belmar is fabulous. No restaurant on site, but Great Escape across the street serves breakfast. I haven't stayed at Deep Blue View or Eden, however, reports are very good for both places. Esther and Menno from Deep Blue View really take care of their guests from all reports.

And I second/third the kudos to Wannadive:) You may also want to check out the Accommodations and Trip Report section of www.BonaireTalk.com. Lots of good info there.

herman:
Buddy has probably the best complete package with it's "Drive and Dive" and the staff is great.

I haven't been to Bonaire yet, I am in the process of planning my first trip, but I have seen this comment a few times and it leaves me curious. I know of at least 5 different resorts (Buddy, Sand$, Den Laman, Bel Mar, and Plaza) that have "Drive and Dive" packages. What makes the package from Buddy's so special?

Several things, other than lunch and dinner the package includes everything you need all for one price, this is esp nice for first timers. I think the thing I like the best is the vehicles are owned by Buddy and you pick up and drop them off at Buddy. No need to mess with rental vehicles and lines at the airport, I am unaware of any other resort that runs their own rental fleet. Exactly how the other resorts do their packages I am not sure of. They may have equally good plans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom