bonaire resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tetrix

Registered
Reaction score
ia m planning to stay in bonaire and would like to be in a place that has high speed internet. which is the best resort that has good house reef that has this accomodation?

thanks

My first choice would be Den Laman. It's practically brand new. But they only have queen beds if that's an issue for you. I'm probably staying there next time I go back. http://www.denlaman.com/index.html

They're on Bari Reef which is the #1 reef in the Caribbean for fish species diversity. Bonaire Dive & Adventure is their on-property operator and Fisheye Photo is also there. Probably the closest to Klein if you want to ride over for some diving.

There's also an internet cafe, Chat & Browse in a little strip mall nearby. I've seen people in their cars using the wifi at night. So Buddy's, Sand Dollar, Eden Beach etc. would be close by if you wanted to go there for access. And there's another one in the strip mall downtown by the KFC. But as I recall they were kind of pricey.

South of town, BelMar Condos now has wireless in their office area. If it's 802.11G, it would probably work as far as the picnic tables located just outside the office also. We stayed there, it's quiet and one of the nicest properties on the island. Every patio overlooks the water and the sunsets. Their house reef isn't bad either - we dove it a couple of times. And five minutes away are all the really good southern divesites. http://www.belmar-bonaire.com/

sjspeck:
My first choice would be Den Laman. It's practically brand new. But they only have queen beds if that's an issue for you. I'm probably staying there next time I go back. http://www.denlaman.com/index.html

They're on Bari Reef which is the #1 reef in the Caribbean for fish species diversity. Bonaire Dive & Adventure is their on-property operator and Fisheye Photo is also there. Probably the closest to Klein if you want to ride over for some diving.

There's also an internet cafe, Chat & Browse in a little strip mall nearby. I've seen people in their cars using the wifi at night. So Buddy's, Sand Dollar, Eden Beach etc. would be close by if you wanted to go there for access. And there's another one in the strip mall downtown by the KFC. But as I recall they were kind of pricey.

South of town, BelMar Condos now has wireless in their office area. If it's 802.11G, it would probably work as far as the picnic tables located just outside the office also. We stayed there, it's quiet and one of the nicest properties on the island. Every patio overlooks the water and the sunsets. Their house reef isn't bad either - we dove it a couple of times. And five minutes away are all the really good southern divesites. http://www.belmar-bonaire.com/

Thanks for info. Encourages me to take wifi laptop on my trip in July 07.

In 2003, my access was pay by minute internet cafe; I would keyboard most of an email, then the computer would time out, and I would lose what I had typed.....keep paying and start retyping!:rofl3:

We just got back from Bonaire yesterday and stayed at the Yachtclub Apartments and dove with Bonaire Dive and Adventure (BDA). Yachtclub has just implemented free wireless for the complex and it was a good solid connection and was up consistently for the two weeks we were there. It was not quite fast enough to watch streaming videos of the college bowl games, but was much faster than dial up. I ran the downloading tests to see if it could keep up with the live streaming and it generally scored in the 90 to 100 kbps range.

Yachtclub is about a quarter mile from Bonaire Dive and Adventure (BDA) which is as earlier mentioned on Bari reef, an outstanding house reef with nice facilities onsite for ease of shore diving. We dove with BDA as they have the best deal on nitrox on the island, about half the price of Buddys. Although they do not have the 24/7 access to tanks Buddys does, you can make your own stash by storing tanks in the free lockers provided, so you can do night dives whenever you want.

Yachtclub and BDA, you can't go wrong.

Per the Belmar newsletter:

Wireless @ Belmar
Its location (relatively remote) and construction (solid & private units) didn’t make it easy, but our IT-team has managed to roll-out a sophisticated and reliable wireless internet connection at Belmar Oceanfront Apartments.

At the office, picnic table-area and all balconies and porches you can now enjoy wireless internet to surf the net or to get in touch with all your family, friend and colleagues to let them know the great vacation you are enjoying at your favorite property. For only US$ 5,-- per day or US$ 30,-- per week you can stay connected with the real world

BTW, I have stayed at Belmar twice and am a big fan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom