Bonaire question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, I just returned yesterday from Bonaire and while I did most (all but one) dive on the west side of the island, I really enjoyed the Cai on Lac Bay. We dived with Al Bianculla and it was fabulous. We saw and photographed 9 turtles in a half hour. I wouldn't do it from shore. Al recommended Larrys for boat diving.

Also, I would not recommend going diving in the Washington/Slagbaii Park. The 2 sites we went to had been hit by a hurricane in 1999 and still haven't recovered. Also it was a long ride over horrible, really horrible dirt roads. The entire trip in and out of the park took 5 hours and we only did 2 dives.

We saw 2 seahorses at Witch's Hut! Fantastic!!! The tarpon at the Hilma Hooker were huge. We went to the Hilma about 5pm each night and had the wreck to ourselves.

Make sure your boots have thick soles so you can walk over the coral to get to the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom