Bonaire Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
some of the better pics, still going through them. i was
using a Canon SD-100 (3.2 mp) and an internal flash. i found
that if i took pics above 40 feet, the natural light really
helped the pics.

coments and feedback greatly appreciated, as i am learning all
i can:

1. smooth trunkfish

2. hawksbill turtle

3. caribbean squid

4. seahorse

5. spiny sea urchin, with small arrow crab on lower left

Great pics, wonderful marine life.

But WOW, the water is amazingly clear. Got any long distance shots so we can admire that great viz some more?

Gotta be happy with those!!

I really like the two squid - great capture!

And the arrowcrab with the urchin - fabulous. He reminds me of some character from a Disney/Pixar/? film...oh yeah - that lobster guy in Little Mermaid...Sebastian, maybe? Can just see him dancing!

I just had to have a very quick play with your turtle!

Started by adjusting shadow in Shadow & highlights and bumping the sat up +6 only...I then used the lasso tool (messy job I know) to select the turtle, hit inverse and then used the shadow & highlights for highlights this time for the background. It aint' great, but I think it could be with some time and a little effort.

Sorry this has gotta be so rough...I am running late...maybe someone else will have a bash :)

Hope you had a good time. Thanks for sharing.

All nice pics H2Andy. How did you like Bonaire? I take it is a good photo dive location as it lacks strong currents like Cozumel?

Gilligan:
All nice pics H2Andy. How did you like Bonaire? I take it is a good photo dive location as it lacks strong currents like Cozumel?
Very nice, Andy! Especially the squids and urchin.

Jim, my last trip to Bonaire had some very strong currents. A dive at Munks Haven turned into a drift dive since we were kicking for the first two minutes and the boat was still directly above us. Currents can change there mid-dive and may even run downward to 200ft, so I am always making sure I know what is happening. I'll bet I hit more of them when I go back in October.

Good Job, Andy!

I've been to Bonaire 3 times, 4th time coming up next month and only experienced any kind of drift conditions at a site where it was known to have stronger currents, so we planned a drift dive.

I am not saying I know Bonaire very well, but have done about 70 dives there and it is not even close to Cozumel on the current level.....ofcourse we all know the ocean is unpredictable and certain sites are proned to stronger currents, but generally Bonaire is relaxed shore diving.

:)

Nice pics by the H2Andy!

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom