Bonaire once-in-a-lifetime vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're looking for luxury with technical diving support, Area9 might be worth a look despite their stupid branding. Last I heard they were setting up to offer high-end accommodations plus tech gear rentals. I don't know if they're fully operational yet, or if they are just a dive shop without hotel rooms (yet?).

Plaza, Delfins, Harbor Village all look great!

Honestly, I love Bonaire, but everything I love about it is kinda the opposite of over the top luxury vacations.
Now that the OP has answers, at the risk of going OT I'll say I wholeheartedly agree with this. I have tried various options, but I have to admit a nostalgia for a ratty beat-up pickup truck, basic lodging with a place to cook some meals, sad-looking vegetables and meat in the old Cultimara market ....

Now that the OP has answers, at the risk of going OT I'll say I wholeheartedly agree with this. I have tried various options, but I have to admit a nostalgia for a ratty beat-up pickup truck, basic lodging with a place to cook some meals, sad-looking vegetables and meat in the old Cultimara market ....
Anyone else remember the skinny Suzuki vans?

I'm all for this kind of vacation too, but this is a special occasion!

Wife and I just returned from a multi-week "nostalgic" experience. We had friends who stayed at the new Chogogo resort. Having visited there for drinks and dinner and after seeing their rooms, we decided that this would be our "go to" place for any trip 2 weeks or under. Dive Friends at Sand Dollar right next door is the clincher. No need to even consider the Chogogo on-site shop which was geared toward a less-serious crowd.
Time to smile at our dive and beach resort - Chogogo Bonaire

I hear ya. Our first Bonaire trip was our honeymoon. Although we didn't go crazy with splurging, we treated ourselves well. It was only on our second trip to Bonaire, this time with some friends, that our friends introduced us to the shabby Bonaire that we grew fond of. The great thing about Bonaire is there is something for everyone. Enjoy your special occasion trip!

Wife and I just returned from a multi-week "nostalgic" experience. We had friends who stayed at the new Chogogo resort. Having visited there for drinks and dinner and after seeing their rooms, we decided that this would be our "go to" place for any trip 2 weeks or under. Dive Friends at Sand Dollar right next door is the clincher. No need to even consider the Chogogo on-site shop which was geared toward a less-serious crowd.
How was the restaurant?

Chogogo being affiliated with TUI airline, were Chogogo's guests mostly Dutch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom