Bonaire May 20 - 27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seagull

Registered
Reaction score
First Bonaire trip for my wife and me, will be staying at Capt. Don's and celebrating our 25 th wedding anniversary on May 22. She is enrolled in the Nikon School of Underwater Photograhy for that week, so we should end up with some good photos, I hope. The class used to be held on Cayman Brac, but recently changed to Bonaire and I have been lurking and gathering info since we found this out. Decided not to post to early about our trip, because it would just make the wait that much longer and pretty much all the info I wanted was here already. Now all we need is our passports in hand, because they have not finish processing them yet and may have to visit a passport office Friday afternoon if they are not finish by today.

Have a dive circus. Captain Don's is great, I love their restaurant and you meet Charlie every day.

Spent all day Friday in the passport office, got passports in hand now and ready to dive.

Have a great trip, thanks for the tip about the Nikon Photography course.

Enjoy Capn Don's go to the Monday cocktail party and meet Capn Don in person, he is a fascinating character.

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. Sorry PBD. Have a great time and do a lot of night dives.

Have fun. I am looking forward to your trip report when you return to help me plan for my trip the following week. I think I have PBD. Pre-Bonaire Disorder.

Got in two dives so far today and I think the reef water is clearer than the pool. Plan on attendind Capt. Don's Cocktail party tonight, they said it might be special, since it is 45 yrs. he has been her. Only took topside pics today, will be taking underwater pics tommorrow.

Forgot to mention, we met a wonderful woman named Dee Scarr with Touch the Sea (http://www.touchthesea.com/) who helped us out at the airport. She called Capt. Don's and found out no one was comming to pick us up and she offered to give us a lift since she lives just past here, other option was to take a taxi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom