Bonaire is doing OK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not always easy. We dive Bari Reef frequently, as it is our house reef. We found one of the small yellow frogfish on the first day and then there were two in the same spot the next day. We found the third larger yellow frogfish soon thereafter, at the same depth, about 30 feet south. Yesterday, all three of them were in the same spot as the first day.

We were told about the black seahorse but could not find it the first day. We found it the next day. Very close by, I spotted a small green/yellow frogfish and, to my surprise, the small pink frogfish was right next to it. The seahorse and the two frogfish have moved around in a relatively small area since. We have not seen all 5 frogfish every day, just Friday and yesterday. We have seen the seahorse each day since we found it. So the 5 frogfish and seahorse are the result of days of diving. They tend to hang out in a small area, so are not generally so difficult to find again.

We saw a white frogfish at Munk's Haven, 2 yellow frogfish at Mi Dushi, and a yellow seahorse at Joanne's Sunchi, all off Klein Bonaire. A point if favor for doing some boat dives while on Bonaire

@tursiops is right, sometimes you spot their feet, stuck out to brace them into their position.
After all the frogfish cuddling that has been going on at Bari, I expect to see even more on our next trip! 😄

We’re staying at Den Laman at the end of January. Can you ask them if they are planning to move by then?

Three. I think. No, three. I’m pretty sure.

We have a winner! I think, I’m pretty sure…:) We were in Bonaire three weeks ago. My wife found a solitary frogfish at this at this particular spot. Then two days later there were three.

I will talk to them later today.

We have a winner! I think, I’m pretty sure…:) We were in Bonaire three weeks ago. My wife found a solitary frogfish at this at this particular spot. Then two days later there were three.
Yes, this is the same place we have found one, two, or three yellow frogfish. Today, all three were in separate places. One small one was in the usual spot. One small one was about 15 or 20 feet north. The big one was 25 or 30 feet south. I spoke to them about their future plans. They said they just don't plan that far ahead. Each one did ask, where are Lisa and Eric? I told them they would be back.

Found the black seahorse again today, around the same place. Found the pink frogfish too, same place. The only one missing today was the green/yellow frogfish, nowhere to be found, very well hidden.

13 days of diving just goes by so quickly. Only did 38 dives this trip, but 45:39 underwater. I only did one solo dive Where did you solo dive today?. We had the company of our daughter and her boyfriend for a week. My daughter got right back in the swing, hadn't been diving since Oct 2019, in Bonaire. Her boyfriend had not been diving for 15 years, he did a refresher with Dive Friends and was doing great by the end of his week. It's really great diving with family.

Yes, this is the same place we have found one, two, or three yellow frogfish. Today, all three were in separate places. One small one was in the usual spot. One small one was about 15 or 20 feet north. The big one was 25 or 30 feet south. I spoke to them about their future plans. They said they just don't plan that far ahead. Each one did ask, where are Lisa and Eric? I told them they would be back.

Found the black seahorse again today, around the same place. Found the pink frogfish too, same place. The only one missing today was the green/yellow frogfish, nowhere to be found, very well hidden.

13 days of diving just goes by so quickly. Only did 38 dives this trip, but 45:39 underwater. I only did one solo dive Where did you solo dive today?. We had the company of our daughter and her boyfriend for a week. My daughter got right back in the swing, hadn't been diving since Oct 2019, in Bonaire. Her boyfriend had not been diving for 15 years, he did a refresher with Dive Friends and was doing great by the end of his week. It's really great diving with family.

38 dives in 13 days! Did you go to Bonaire to dive or take a snoozer on the couch? :p I know you’re accustomed to a lot more dive time, but family takes priority. Still a respectable number of hours below the surface. It’s fun talking to those frogfish, but after witnessing their disappearing act I’ve learned to never loan them money. Glad you guys had a good trip. Looking forward to your pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom