Bonaire Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Invasion is in June. :idk: I don't see a time conflict.

haha yeah I know, but my girl and I were just in Cancun in Sept...we really murdered the vacation budget this year...
I will be making one of these trips , just not the June one :)

haha yeah I know, but my girl and I were just in Cancun in Sept...we really murdered the vacation budget this year...
I will be making one of these trips , just not the June one :)

To Invade
or not
To Invade

There really is no question there
Miss the ScubaBoard's birthday party, I think not
:ppd:

Here's some helpful math ....

From one of our LDS price sheets.

EAN Class w/materials ............. $150.00
EAN tank rental upcharge ........ $6.00 (Air $8.50, EAN $14.50)

If you attend the Scubaboard Bonaire Invasion you could get:

EAN class w/materials .............. $0 ..... ($150.00 value)
EAN fills (24/week) .................. $0 ..... ($144.00 value upcharge only)

Total Savings ......................... $294.00
Purchase Analox E2OII Analyzer . $269.95

Net gain ................................ $23.05 + EAN Cert + Analox E2OII Analyzer ... WIN --- WIN --- WIN

Here's some helpful math ....

From one of our LDS price sheets.

EAN Class w/materials ............. $150.00
EAN tank rental upcharge ........ $6.00 (Air $8.50, EAN $14.50)

If you attend the Scubaboard Bonaire Invasion you could get:

EAN class w/materials .............. $0 ..... ($150.00 value)
EAN fills (24/week) .................. $0 ..... ($144.00 value upcharge only)

Total Savings ......................... $294.00
Purchase Analox E2OII Analyzer . $269.95

Net gain ................................ $23.05 + EAN Cert + Analox E2OII Analyzer ... WIN --- WIN --- WIN

Gary, that's a great way to look at it. The Analox O2 tester is great. Check on FleaBay, I got mine there for a good price. Some folks claim the higher O2 content makes you less tired, especially if you're "chronologically experienced", lol.

Tom I've never found Nitrox to make me feel less tired. Some folk I dive with think it does. I don't think there are any certified laboratory studies to prove it but if it works for ya, then it works.

I've only used Nitrox as a safety margin on some prolonged dive vacations. I'm pretty sure Nitrox will be a good choice on Bonaire with the amount of diving we're all going to be doing.

PP fills would be a bad idea. We don't need any fireworks.

But I was wondering if I should consider purchasing an analyzer. I don't dive nitrox very often. When consumption rate = NDL, why bother with EAN? We usually dive a very casual pace, so it's common for us to have a 1 or 2 hour SI. In BonNitroxia I'm thinking we'll dive a more aggressive profile, do 4 or more dives a day (until I'm exhausted and dive/beer scale reaches the tipping point.)

You don't need to buy one. I will bring mine. It is unbelievable how much difference nitrox makes. On deep dives, like around 100ft, you can go into deco on the second dive of the day, even with nitrox, with a decent RMV rate. :wink:
It happened to us this past summer in West Palm Beach while diving around 50 to 60 ft. My son and his newly certifed g/f and I were doing easy drift dives and on the second dive she went into deco on the second dive, 10 minutes! I shared air with her on our 15ft stop so that she could off gas. I couldn't believe it until we got topside and I looked at the tables and sure enough, on air, it was actual deco. Suunto cobra's are known for thier conservatisiom, but this was actually correct according to the tables. Can't believe a newby like my future daughter-in-law could dive past deco on her second dive way before she hit the turning point while diving at around 60ft.

Suunto ..... are known for their conservatisiom.

So true! Danny has a Sunto and it gives him absolute grief compared to the Oceanic's the rest of us own.

---------- Post added November 29th, 2012 at 04:31 PM ----------

Here's some helpful math .... From one of our LDS price sheets.

Latter Day Saints price sheets? Hmmmmmm?

Latter Day Saints price sheets? Hmmmmmm?

:confused: local dive shop

It's auto-correct via Tapatalk 2, figure it out. :D

Back
Top Bottom