Bonaire Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bonaire time zone is GMT -4, which is the same as Eastern Daylight Saving Time (EDT)

I'm going to go ahead and set our PDCs to the current time so I don't forget after arrival and get wrapped up in the festivities. :D :cheers:

Bonaire time zone is GMT -4, which is the same as Eastern Daylight Saving Time (EDT)
I'm going to go ahead and set our PDCs to the current time so I don't forget after arrival and get wrapped up in the festivities. :D :cheers:

Good thinnin' Baba Looey.

Set them to salt water too, unless that's all you dive in and it's already done :D

---------- Post added June 20th, 2013 at 09:52 AM ----------

If you are a USAA member, they have Valuable Personal Property insurance. Well worth considering I think.

I have all my cameras and associated gear (both land and all underwater stuff) covered (along with my guns and inherited watch hehe) for under $10 a month, with no deductible. Theft/Damage (flood!)/loss/anything... IJS...

See, here's why packing gear early doesn't pay for me. :D

After getting everything situated in the bag properly I got to thinking, :hm: last year in Cayman those spring straps seemed a little loose after a dive. So, I unpack everything to get to the fins. Go down to the workbench and take 1/2" off each spring and cover. That should be nice and snug without being too tight. :hm: while I'm looking at the fins it seems to me the end of my Blades tend to curl up quite a bit and they're a little long for packing so, :shakehead: I cut 1-1/2" off the end (back to the outside rib.) Once I start tinkering it's hard to stop. Realizing what I've done I decided it's time to repack everything in the bag so it's out of sight and I won't start tinkering with anything else.

Ten pounds to spare... see you there!
View attachment 157586

WOW, When I flew back to Austin from Chicago yesterday, my 2 check bags was about 140 lbs. My roller carry weights in at 40lbs. On top of that I had backpack stuffed with work stuff.

Thanks for the reminder Gary:). Of course, I had to get out the instructions to make the change!

Hey guys, just stopping by to wish you all a bon voyage! Can't wait to read all the stories and see all your photos/videos! Be safe and have an amazing time!!!

Sorry you can't make it this year, John. Another time :cheers:

Hey guys, just stopping by to wish you all a bon voyage! Can't wait to read all the stories and see all your photos/videos! Be safe and have an amazing time!!!

I was just thinking the other day that I was bummed you can't make this invasion. One of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life was on your macbook last year :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom