Bonaire in How Many Days??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back and had a great time. There is a really nice dive (and easy sand beach entry) just south of the Invisibles site. It is unmarked, but they are calling it "The Rock." Just pass the rocks for the Invisibles and you will see a spot to drive in your car. Great site (aren't they all) and the easiest entry I've seen.

12 days til my Bonaire debut! Staying at Buddy's. Cozumel, I hear you may become a thing of the past...just have to see for myself :D
Not a thing of the past... but much harder to justify when you could just spend *that* much more to get a week in Bonaire. :biggrin:

You'll actually overlap the second week of our stay on the island (we're in Den Laman right on the other side of Sand Dollar from you). If you're arriving via Continental through Houston, mb's parents might even be taking your very seat for their flight back stateside -- they got voted off the island after the first week, leaving the "hard" dives for mb and me on our second week. :wink:

Did I mention that *four days* from this moment, I'll be on my way to Bonaire? :D
There is a really nice dive (and easy sand beach entry) just south of the Invisibles site. It is unmarked, but they are calling it "The Rock." Just pass the rocks for the Invisibles and you will see a spot to drive in your car. Great site (aren't they all) and the easiest entry I've seen.
Ah, yes, "The Rock". According to BSDME (5th Ed.), there's a "small square concrete marker on the sea side of the road [marking] the entrance". It's a decent swim out past the edge of the reef to drop directly down to The Rock (65 feet, again according to BSDME), but I seem to recall it being a really nice site.

(I've got my copies of BSDME ready and waiting. Best little guidebook ever.)

Ah, yes, "The Rock". According to BSDME (5th Ed.), there's a "small square concrete marker on the sea side of the road [marking] the entrance". It's a decent swim out past the edge of the reef to drop directly down to The Rock (65 feet, again according to BSDME), but I seem to recall it being a really nice site.

(I've got my copies of BSDME ready and waiting. Best little guidebook ever.)

It was a bit of swim over the sand. While many sites you don't need a compass, that one was really easy to get out to the reef following a nice compass heading of 260, I believe.

AHHHH!!!!!!!!! Great week in Bonaire and now sitting back at work. Had a great time diving and just having a blast. Already planning the next trip!

Ahem...

My flight'll take off tomorrow
With myself and baggage there tomorrow
I will fly
Just dreaming about tomorrow
With my pony or one that I'll borrow
If mine's dry

Do I pay at check in
The sin
Of bag fees
Or just pay it online
Save time
Don't wait
For...

My flight'll take off tomorrow
How on earth do I last 'til tomorrow
I can't wait
TO-MOR-ROW! TO-MOR-ROW!
To Bonaire tomorrow
It's only
A DAAAAAAAAAY
AAAAAAAAAAAAA-WAAAAAAAAAAAAY!​

(Are we *there* yet?)

CO1049 and CO1898, here we come.

Now, imagine I said that right as I was shutting down the laptop, bagging it, and walking right out the door. The timing's not *quite* true to life, but it's how it'll be in the movie version. :biggrin:

I'm heading to Bonaire for 4-5 days in about 6 weeks. Still looking for accommodations. Recommendations based on any of your stays above? Just a buddy and I so don't need much.

12 days til my Bonaire debut! Staying at Buddy's. Cozumel, I hear you may become a thing of the past...just have to see for myself :D

Bas, I leave from the US July 8th, if you're still looking for a fillet knife. If shipping doesn't work, send me a picture pm and I'll pick one up for you.

Jacob

I don't think that Bonaire and Cozumel are comparable.
In all honesty if you are a two dives a day on vacation type Cozumel is awfully hard to beat.
If you are a 3 -6 dive a day person Cozumel really can't touch Bonaire.
It's really about what you want out of your trip.

I don't think that Bonaire and Cozumel are comparable.
In all honesty if you are a two dives a day on vacation type Cozumel is awfully hard to beat.
If you are a 3 -6 dive a day person Cozumel really can't touch Bonaire.
It's really about what you want out of your trip.

Plus you certainly don't have to worry about drinking the water on Bonaire!!! :wink:

Plus you certainly don't have to worry about drinking the water on Bonaire!!! :wink:

True. The water was not as much an issue on Coz, as it is on the mainland, Yucatan area. Dam, did I get sick there, just by diving in some :fresh water". :shocked2: :shakehead:

On Bonaire, all the tap water is produced by desalination, so is not laden with bacteria, like much of Mexico water was/is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom