Bonaire in How Many Days??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great news !!! Thanks Mike, very good to know.

You know Mike, I tried and tried to understand Continental's web site. Sometimes I got the impression we could still check two for free, but then another reading gave me a different message. VERY hard to decipher their BS!

I think checking in ONLINE is the key to getting that second bag free. I think doing it at the airport kiosk is where you get burned. :shakehead:

The way I read one of the pages was the first bag was free, and the second was $30. All I know is the two of us are checking three and it said $0.

According to Continental's web site, it's supposed to be $0 for the first checked bag and $30 for the second, and I even checked the Contract of Carriage to be sure that Bonaire (well, "Netherlands Antilles") was listed in the definition of "Caribbean Area". Looks like parzdiver got a steal. :biggrin: ($0/30 is still $30 better than the domestic $25/35, of course.)

Looks like we'll be tagging off, gypsyjim. mb and I will be arriving on July 2nd and departing on July 16th. (Her parents are arriving with us, but we're sending them home on July 9th.) I just picked up a pair of red hardside Samsonite rollers to replace my decrepit old luggage. Now I just have to pre-scuff it all up. :D

We'll be at Den Laman for our two weeks. Bonaire Dive and Adventure's not the best shop ever, but it'll do, and being right on Bari's great if you wake up before your buddy and your pony bottle is looking a bit dessicated. :)

Scheduled island arrival of our Continental 1898 flight to Bonaire... 11 days, 14 hours, 29 minutes, 32 seconds... plus requisite delays. :D

46 days....

150 days until first trip to Bonaire, 60 until Cozumel, 74 until the Hokies hit the field again for football seasaon and 6,220 until retirement, but I'm not counting.

10.5 until we're *there*, and I just noticed that Google updated their imagery again. I can now see Den Laman without all the cloud cover in the previous set. :biggrin:

Any of the 'almost there' people willing to bring me a small item (fillet knife for lionfish)? I can order it online and have it shipped to your house.

Bas..I'm surprised you can't get this at the Marine store. At any rate would be glad to transport down, but we don't arrive till end of July. if you can't get anyone else sooner, PM me for shipping details.

If you can get it to Baton Rouge, LA 70806 by June 30th, I can pack it (in my checked luggage, hehe)... assuming it's not *a knife* (I can only fit so much extra weight in my bags):

If I win, let me know and I'll PM my mailing info.

(Incidentally, is it just me, or has that movie just not aged well? :biggrin: Oh, and 10 days, five hours until we're flying.)

12 days til my Bonaire debut! Staying at Buddy's. Cozumel, I hear you may become a thing of the past...just have to see for myself :D

Bas, I leave from the US July 8th, if you're still looking for a fillet knife. If shipping doesn't work, send me a picture pm and I'll pick one up for you.

Jacob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom