Bonaire Honeymoon? (June 2009)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcsoar4fun

Registered
Reaction score
My fiance and I are going to be married and June and trying to decide where to go. I was certified back in April 2008 (in a nasty freezing lake in Arkansas) and she is working on it now.

Chances are we will not get a lot more dives before then, so we are looking for something with a easy dive options. Right now we are strongly leaning towards Bonaire, any others to consider?

If Bonaire where is a good place to stay? We are looking for a place that is at least pretty decent with privacy.

Kristopher

Bonaire is AWESOME! I stayed at Captain Don's. It was very reasonable and had 24 hour diving right from the hotel. I think Buddy Dive Resort is also very popular though I have never been there.

My fiance and I are going to be married and June and trying to decide where to go. I was certified back in April 2008 (in a nasty freezing lake in Arkansas) and she is working on it now.

Chances are we will not get a lot more dives before then, so we are looking for something with a easy dive options. Right now we are strongly leaning towards Bonaire, any others to consider?

If Bonaire where is a good place to stay? We are looking for a place that is at least pretty decent with privacy.

Kristopher

Bonaire is definitely easy but as newbies, now comfortable are you going to be doing shore dives alone without a DM? It might now be what you are looking for right now. I don't think it is where I would go for a honeymoon, just me personally but I would want something a bit more Romantic.
check out: Info Bonaire - The Bonaire Information Site - The Most Current and Up-To-Date Information
Welcome to the Buddy Dive Resort website
also, I have videos from my trip in 2006 (see link in my signature)

Other places you might want to consider - Roatan or Belize.
check out my Roatan trip report: CoCoView Resort, 2008

Places like Ramons in Belize look like they would be nice for a honeymoon: Ramon's Village, Belize Resort, Belize Resorts, Resorts in Belize, Ambergris Caye

robin:D

Kristopher

check out Deep Blue View, intimate resort. Dive Bonaire in the Dutch Caribbean

They even have a honeymoon suite, can't say enough good about the owners and thier opperation.

If you do go to Bonaire, I understand you can hire a DM for around $15.00 per dive or two dives (not sure exactly)

I would recommend diving with a DM a few sites and then if you feel comfortable going back and diving them together + mix in some boat dives and it could be a cool honeymoon - but you both would have to be totally up for the diving, not just one.

If the two of you are not both AVID divers, Bonaire is not the place for a honeymoon. Although, the red eye out of Houston does open up the option for the 'Mile High Club" on your way there.

Congratulations!

I'd say Bonaire would be a nice place for a honeymoon. Remember, it is a DESERT Caribbean island. Not lush like most other carib islands.

La Pura Vida is also a B&B that has good reports. What type of accommodations are you looking for, on the water? Large resort? Small resort? Condo? Pool? Restaurant? Pricing? There are a lot of options to choose from, depending on what want.

GO FOR IT!!!

The diving there is as easy or as hard as you want it to be. Buddy Dive is a good place to stay and their house reef is probably the best on the island.

Bonaire would be great and a wonderful place to intro your new spouse to diving if you haven't already... Plaza Resort is probably a little nicer than some of the dedicated dive resorts, and they have a great op onsite if you choose to boat dive!

Back
Top Bottom