Bonaire dive shop recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alisonjones

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just spent a week on Bonaire and did business with Wannadive South (EEG 3 Boulevard). Excellent experience in every way! I was a Bonaire and shore diving newbie, and a little nervous about it. But owner/operator Bart Snelder is so welcoming and helpful; and the shop so pristine and organized, that I got over my fears quickly and really enjoyed the experience. Wannadive has several locations on the island. This one was close to my B&B, south of the airport, on the main road. It's a freestanding shop – not within a resort – so it's very easy to pop in and out. Super-convenient for diving any of the central-southern sites. At the end of each dive day, you can rinse your gear and be comfortable leaving it to drip dry in a secure and well-equipped facility (no schlepping it all back to your hotel/condo/B&B!). Wannadive has dive site and critter ID books on hand for perusing, an espresso machine (just leave a dollar in the kitty) for your caffeine needs, as well as a cooler with water/sodas for sale. Plus free WiFi! :)

Whoops. Misread title.

Just spent a week on Bonaire and did business with Wannadive South (EEG 3 Boulevard). Excellent experience in every way! I was a Bonaire and shore diving newbie, and a little nervous about it. But owner/operator Bart Snelder is so welcoming and helpful; and the shop so pristine and organized, that I got over my fears quickly and really enjoyed the experience. Wannadive has several locations on the island. This one was close to my B&B, south of the airport, on the main road. It's a freestanding shop – not within a resort – so it's very easy to pop in and out. Super-convenient for diving any of the central-southern sites. At the end of each dive day, you can rinse your gear and be comfortable leaving it to drip dry in a secure and well-equipped facility (no schlepping it all back to your hotel/condo/B&B!). Wannadive has dive site and critter ID books on hand for perusing, an espresso machine (just leave a dollar in the kitty) for your caffeine needs, as well as a cooler with water/sodas for sale. Plus free WiFi! :)
May I ask please, who was your bnb? and how were they?

Tagging onto this thread. I am planning to stay at the Beaches Ocean View Apartments mentioned above and planning to get tanks from Wannadive. Can anyone let me know how many tanks per person I can get at once with Wannadive? Any chance they would limit over the Christmas holiday due to larger crowds?

I was checking prices last winter with them. Nitrox is higher than air on the Island. They have a unlimited package. And they sell like 15 tank dive cards. It comes up to about $12 per tank for air.

VIP DivingTank-card: $260 for 22 tanks to use at your convenience. ($11.81 tank)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom