Trip Report Bonaire: Den Laman and Dive Friends, October 20-November 3, 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone spotted the frogfish at Bari Reef recently?

Found one of the frogfish yesterday at Bari Reef.

BFBA44F1-F6EF-4F03-9DFC-8BD065875A8A.jpeg

Hi @Soloist

Wow, it's been a long time, sometime before the end of last October. Around the same place?

Yes, however, looks like the female relocated from a depth of 48 feet to 35 feet. Exactly the depth where we saw the male in November. Seems kind of fishy if you ask me…

Yes, however, looks like the female relocated from a depth of 48 feet to 35 feet. Exactly the depth where we saw the male in November. Seems kind of fishy if you ask me…
Both were at 35 feet the entire 2 weeks we were there, a bit before you were there
1646051777864.png

Two seahorses can be found at the Cliff. Very easy to locate. Just look for the giant sandstorm…

1D6FEE45-77CA-4588-B73E-D84A6C204BA4.jpeg

5450D5D8-B70C-491E-A713-09C061B09FBC.jpeg

Hi @Soloist,

I liked your post, but not the photo of the crowd. By the time we did our final dives on our last visit, on Nov 2, there was always a queue to visit the 2 yellow frogfish on Bari. Often the waiting line consisted of 2, 3, or more groups of divers. Once the word gets out, it's all over.

Good thing the sea life is relatively resilient, at least the frogfish and seahorses.

They were both still in the same place this morning!
Small frogfish in mid flight this morning (video forthcoming). I completely blew past him headed out while ineptly trying to get my bearings, but found him on the way back. @uncfnp found another female inshore at 20 feet attached to a mooring block north of the other fish.

34ACA8B9-C5ED-4410-AB12-FAB5A68F270F.jpeg
120DDA55-973A-495C-AAF1-F279603E4DDD.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom