Bonaire Crime - Our experience - Looking for input to share

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well now that you opened that up.... Geez I cannot people are arguing over which swill they prefer :wink: After 1 week on island I am ready to kill someone for an IPA! Which I guess would just escalate the crime on the island even more :)

Dogfish Head 60 minute. I'm headed to a place that has it on tap in just a few minutes.

The crew I was with last year destroyed several cases of Polarcita. I don't drink, so I spent a lot of time driving the drinkers around

What is the difference between Amstel Light and Amstel Bright? I don't drink either of them--just askin'. Regular Amstel for me, please.

@DustyC, yours was the group next door to us at Hamlet Villas this past December, if I recall.

Last edited:
I like the fact that you can drive down the street with a beer in your hand...

Jim...

What is the difference between Amstel Light and Amstel Bright? I don't drink either of them--just askin'. Regular Amstel for me, please.

@DustyC, yours was the group next door to us at Hamlet Villas this past December, if I recall.
2 doors up I think. All we had next door was a herd of cats lol

A few years ago I joined a group for a week on Bonaire. We stayed at Divi. Almost all our dives were boat dives. Later, I learned that Bonaire is renowned for shore access to diving. I was thinking of joining another group to Bonaire this year-their set up is to provide trucks for shore diving as well as some boat dives. I think I'd get angry and frustrated if I was robbed, so I am now considering other places. However, there is the possibility of diving Bonaire without having to use trucks.

A few years ago I joined a group for a week on Bonaire. We stayed at Divi. Almost all our dives were boat dives. Later, I learned that Bonaire is renowned for shore access to diving. I was thinking of joining another group to Bonaire this year-their set up is to provide trucks for shore diving as well as some boat dives. I think I'd get angry and frustrated if I was robbed, so I am now considering other places. However, there is the possibility of diving Bonaire without having to use trucks.

1000's of people go to Bonaire... Shore dive and don't get robbed... :wink:

Jim...

I like the fact that you can drive down the street with a beer in your hand...

Jim...
1000's of people go to Bonaire... Shore dive and don't get robbed... :wink:

Jim...
yep
I'd say the odds of getting robbed are less than 1 in 1000. I don't get the big deal. It rarely happens and it's very easy to prevent. Some people will find anything to bitch about.

And I believe that brings us full circle (or should I say roundabout since we're talking Bonaire). :grouphug2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom