Bonaire Cell Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CCTX50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Can anyone tell me if there is any cell service in Bonaire? My provider is AT&T and I was wondering if there is any service there. Not that I want to be anywhere near the phone while there... but? :idk:

If not, how is the phone service there? Is it best to purchase phone cards or what? Suggestions!

Thanks!

I have used my AT&T cell phone on Bonaire. I used it just last month. I do make sure to turn off the data though, since it is quite expensive, and I then use WiFi at the resort. Make sure to enable international roaming before you leave. It's free, but must be done before the phone is out of the states.

Or drop by Chat and Browse and rent a phone. From what I understand that is the least cost way if you intend to use it.

Or drop by Chat and Browse and rent a phone. From what I understand that is the least cost way if you intend to use it.

I never tried that. I usually buy a phone card at Chat N Browse, and use the land line outside there. I do not want to be all that easy to get a hold of when I am on Bonaire anyway! :D

Herman, you joining us in June?

If you have Verizon you can get a texting plan that's reasonable. You can at least check in with someone back home. Or do you have a smartphone that you can use Skype?

I never tried that. I usually buy a phone card at Chat N Browse, and use the land line outside there. I do not want to be all that easy to get a hold of when I am on Bonaire anyway! :D

Herman, you joining us in June?

Not too likely, darn air was over $1k each of us for April.

Skype via your computer is also an option David has used.

Fuhgettabout AT&T or Verizon!! The cheapest option to call home from Bonaire is using SKYPE. Nothing beats it, (assuming you have an internet connection where you're staying)! Bring your laptop, a headset & you're good to go.:wink:

Not too likely, darn air was over $1k each of us for April.

Skype via your computer is also an option David has used.

Sorry to hear that. We were hoping to see you again on Bonaire!

$1k for air :shakehead:, and we did Coz in Feb for $1k each, incl air from Albanyand AI resort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom