Bonaire car/truck security ideas pls...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After the 1st day of diving we started leaving all cases/bags/spares at the condo - the back seat was good for everything we used, tanks in the bed No one takes tanks since they can't get them filled except at the marked shop.

what sort of stuff did you leave in the back seat? towels? plastic 2L bottles of frozen water?

I was just thinking... VIP Divers offers lockers in their shop. It's only a short distance north from where you're staying, but it may save you a few minutes if you're diving the north sites.

what sort of stuff did you leave in the back seat? towels? plastic 2L bottles of frozen water?
Everything, all dive gear needed for two dives plus video housing,

To be clear we took it all with us on every dive - it was done so we could leave the bags,cases and spares at the condo.

Add tank o-rings to your carry list - we had a bad one several times.

I believe Delphins uses Dive Friends. I'd guess several of their shops have lockers if you want to stage gear.Not sure if they'd be accessible after hours though.

Dive Friends has a limit of 2 tanks/customer at a time - but only at some of their shops. The ones that have limited tanks and fill ability restrrict. Most (like Port Bonaire, Yellow Sub) don't.

Don't go with Witz. They leak. I have had this case down to 131" with no leaks. Big enough to hold my glasses, keys, credit card, drivers license and money. S3 T2000 Watertight Case

For batteries and larger things - first, the police are doing more patrols, second do a good job of hiding them. In the vehicle is not a good idea. There are bushes at every dive site. A zip lock and burying beneath the sand works great - as long as you remember which bush you put your things under.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom