Bonaire Bound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandFrog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I leave Friday afternoon for Houston, and from there take an overnight flight to Bonaire. Has anyone taken this overnight flight and can you tell me how things went as far as the check out dive?

Thanks!
Brad

Oddly, I dove plenty and never did a "check-out" dive. I landed late at night then bought a tag from "Larry's wild-side" early the next morning, splashing a couple of times with them that day (recommended, lots of fun). I then went on to tech training with my acquired tag, then dove with a friend of a friend. I never dove with the resort I stayed at, though I rented bottles from them.

I took that same flight just 2 weeks ago and the flight is nice since it's a straight shot. I did get some sleep so when we arrived I was fairly fresh. We stayed at Buddy Dive and the "check out" dive is self administered and on the honor system. It's a chance to do a weight check and make sure all systems are go. The check out dive for us was about 50 minutes duration and we got our first peek at the awesome reef life.

Nothing to worry about....have fun!

We were on the inaugral flight last December, it was great. As far as a check out dive, all they asked at our condo was that you did your first dive off their reef. Nothing formal. Have fun, we will be back there this Dec.

Thanks to all for the information on the flight. I am not worried about the checkout dive, but was interested in how well people were dealing with the overnight flight.

Regards,

We did it in July, it was the best Bonaire flight to date, I personally like it. Sleep on the plane and dive in the morning, what could be better.

Well, we are about a half hour from boarding the flight. Everyone on this trip is stoaked for blue water. Once again, thanks for the input on the flight.

Regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom